These are officially the best private schools for 2024, if you’ve got a spare £50k to burn

The Times’ private school ranking 2024 is out

If it’s your life-long mission to go to a private school, straight to Oxford, marry someone rich, and have three kids called Sebastian, Arabella and Beatrice before retiring to your second home in Cornwall then you might wanna listen up.

The Times has just released its ranking of the best private schools in the UK for 2024, and there are some FANCY schools on the list. The rankings were created by looking at each school’s GCSE and A-Level results as well as other factors including the range and quality of extracurricular activities on offer which will help shape your little Hugo into one of the next world leaders.

So here are officially the best private schools in the UK, for 2024:

St Paul’s Girl’s School, Hammersmith is officially 2024’s best private school for the second year running. St Paul’s costs £29,946 a year to attend and even has a dissection club and a second-hand fashion store. It’s like they’re training them to become Exeter Depop girlies!

St Paul’s Girls School is closely followed by Guildford High School, with some wild facilities such as a whole stadium and concert hall, which costs £20,847 a year to attend. Guildford has the third highest A-Level results in the whole of the UK.

In third is St Paul’s School, Barnes which has moved down one spot since last year’s ranking. It might not be one of the grandest schools on the list but it costs up to £44,943 a year for students who board there. St Paul’s is an all-boys school and it literally has its own art gallery.

The fourth best private school in the UK is another London one: North London Collegiate School. It costs £23,982 a year to attend and last year had a fashion runway competition which was judged by Stella McCartney herself. North London Collegiate School moved up from 10th last year to fourth in the 2024 rankings. It’s also the best school in the UK for GCSE results.

Just behind North London Collegiate School at fifth is City of London School for Girls which is located right next to St Paul’s Cathedral. It costs £23,778 a year to attend but most of its students end up at Oxbridge or Durham Universities.

Here is the full top 20 ranking and how much it costs a year to go there:

20. Sevenoaks School – Up to £46,785 a year

19. Withington Girls’ School – Up to £15,573 a year

18. Latymer Upper School – Up to £24,222 a year

=17. Queen Ethelburga’s College – Up to £37,800 a year

17. Wycombe Abbey – Up to £47,700 a year

16. James Allen’s Girls’ School – Up to £22,725 a year

15. City of London School – Up to £23,648 a year

14. Highgate School – Up to £22,095 a year

13. Cardiff Sixth Form College – Up to £58,000 a year

12. Godolphin and Latymer – Up to £26,831 a year

11. Brighton College – Up to £64,920 a year

Best private schools

Via Jon Santa Cruz/Shutterstock

10. King Edward VI High School for Girls, Birmingham – Up to £17,046 a year

9. Westminster School – Up to £29,727 a year

= 7. Magdalen College School, Oxford – Up to £21,777 a year

7. King’s College School, Wimbledon – Up to £25,890 a year

6. Tonbridge School – Up to £46,740 a year

Best private schools

Via Flyby Photography/Shutterstock

5. City of London School for Girls, Barbican – Up to £23,778 a year

4. North London Collegiate School, Edgware – Up to £23,982 a year

3. St Paul’s School, Barnes – Up to £44,943 a year

2. Guildford High School – Up to £20,847 a year

1. St Paul’s Girl’s School, Hammersmith – Up to £29,946 a year