British Fashion Awards 2023 best

From Love Islanders to A-listers: The best British Fashion Awards looks, ranked

Maya Jama left my jaw on the ground

Last night saw the British Fashion Awards 2023 take place in London, and everyone who’s anyone was there – where else can you see the likes of Anne Hathaway walking the same red carpet as Ar Tasha from Love Island? Nowhere. It’s the British Met Gala, if we’re being real – and everyone killed it. Here’s a ranked rundown of the best outfits at the British Fashion Awards 2023.

16. Zara McDermott

One of the Love Islanders to hit the red carpet this year was Strictly star Zara McDermott – giving us metallics. Simple but totally classic – the hairstyling brings it all together.

15. Tasha Ghouri

Seen so much hate for The Ghouri for this look, but girlies this is CAMP. This is drama. This is what a Drag Race winner would wear. Something completely different for her and it totally works, unreal colour for her complexion, she smashed it. Do not listen to the naysayers.

14. Nicola Roberts

I’m sorry, this is iconic. The 2008 drama of it all? Anna Wintour herself in Scouse icon form. I barely even care what she puts on her body because the bob is that legendary. Girls Aloud are BACK baby!

13. Michelle Keegan

The legendary Michelle Keegan in an outfit that has no business working as well as it does but somehow managing to be insane levels of slay? That’s mother.

12. Lottie Tomlinson

The fringe here is just next level. A lot of black this year on the red carpet but with all these details it’s hard not to be obsessed.

11. Leigh-Anne

The bare faced cheek of Leigh-Anne Pinnock to tell us ‘Don’t Say Love’ when the only word I have for this look is LOVE. Fashion was in a spikes era last night and I’m all for it.

10. Ellie Goulding

Kicking off the top 10 is The Goulding, who merged casual and formal for this wonderful look that has so many good textures, I just can’t stop looking at it. Blazer mixed with puffer? GO ON THEN.

9. FKA twigs

Via Shutterstock

Is it even the best of the British Fashion Awards 2023 if FKA twigs isn’t showing up gagging everyone? Time and time again she proves why she’s constantly at the top of British fashion conversations. Legend. This is perfection.

8. Maya Jama

British Fashion Awards 2023 best

Via Shutterstock

Just left everyone speechless, really. All the white, the puffy sleeve, the lacy bodice – maximalist perfection. So different for her too, she normally goes quite straight lined. Cherished it.

7. Rita Ora

Rita Ora giving us a simple classic black dress with an intricate spike detail all the way down her spine is just heaven on earth to me. Classically and timelessly fashionable with a weird futuristic twist. Wowing.

6. Anne Hathaway

It’s literally sending me into oblivion that Anne Hathaway and Helen Flanagan from Corrie walked the same red carpet. That aside, look at the MATERIAL. Both figuratively and literally. Perfect cut, perfect structure – just breathtaking.

5. Charli XCX

Kicking off the top five best looks at the British Fashion Awards 2023 with pop icon Charli in a look very different to her usual style. It’s giving British poppy culture if it slayed. The hair and makeup are beyond perfect. My queen.

4. Laura Whitmore

I can’t believe I’m saying this after THOSE infamous pants she wore at the Love Island final that time, but Laura Whitmore served an absolute 10/10 here. She’s redeemed herself. This is absolutely stunning. It’s Anne Boleyn in the best way. Just look at her face, she knows she looks perfect. You can’t tell her NOTHING. Westwood EXCELLENCE.

3. Vick Hope

I think I’m just going to let this fabric speak for itself. A moment of silence whilst it talks, please.

2. Anok Yai

British Fashion Awards 2023 best

Via Shutterstock

US Model Anok Yai in Ferragamo, and I am just blown away to be honest with you. How can you look at this and not be? The colour, the print, the shape – but most importantly, the belt. A masterclass.

1. Jourdan Dunn

Via Shutterstock

Wearing Thaihuy, Jourdan Dunn comes out on top. I can’t stop staring at it. Absolute perfection from top to bottom.

For all the latest reality TV and entertainment news like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.