MAFS UK Luke counselling

Luke reveals he had to receive counselling to ‘recover’ from being on ‘toxic’ MAFS UK

‘I was at one of the lowest points in my life’

MAFS UK groom Luke has claimed he needed counselling to “recover” from the show’s “toxic” reunion, which aired last night. In last night’s episode the couples were all brought back for a reunion dinner party, but despite leaving the experiment together, Luke’s wife, Jay, arrived alone. She later explained she still has feelings for Luke but sadly they were not reciprocated.

However, when Luke was asked via the honesty box how he really felt about Jay, he broke down saying he had been made to feel “inadequate,” adding he tried harder with his wife than in any other relationship.

Taking to his Instagram story after the show aired, Luke opened up about the effect MAFS UK has had on him, claiming he needed to seek professional help after the experience. He said: “So after the reunion, I cut myself off and was at one of the lowest points of my life. I had to go to counselling to recover from MAFS as I lost myself and I didn’t know who I was anymore.

“Since MAFS started airing I have received hate including death threats and it’s not acceptable whether you love me or hate me there is no need for scummy comments to me or any of the cast. I will talk about my experience and why reality TV is toxic in the coming weeks to spread awareness to others wanting to take part.”

Luke was removed from the experiment after he attacked Jordan, who he accused of telling Jay that Luke would cheat on her. After the couple were axed from the show, Luke later posted a gushing tribute to Jay, leading many fans to think they were still together. However, in a recent Instagram post, fans noticed he wasn’t wearing his wedding ring, prompting some to think the couple are no longer together.

When Jay walked in alone in last night’s show, expert Mel Schilling said “Oh Jay, she still loves him” and Paul C Brunson added, “I don’t think we’ve heard enough to understand what was the cause of this, we need to hear from him.”

The Tab has contacted Channel 4 for comment.

For all the latest MAFS news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook