Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3 Battle Pass skins

The Battle Pass skins for Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3 are here – and they’re terrible

Completely bland, utterly boring – I’m dreading the next few months

I’ll be honest, I’ve been falling out of love with Fortnite. This is the first season since Chapter 1 Season 7 where I’ve got so bored of it I’ve stopped doing my daily and weekly challenges for the final few weeks of the season. I’ve completed the Battle Pass, sans the final golden page of the bonus styles. I’ve given it a pretty hefty crack, but my interest has waned. Still, I’m always sucked right back in at the start of a new season and I was looking forward to the new era of Fortnite with Chapter 4 season 3 – until I saw the skins. The Battle Pass skins are, for my money, the ugliest batch we’ve had in years. Here are my initial thoughts on all eight Battle Pass skins for Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3.

Era

Via Epic Games

First up, Era. On a positive note, this is my favourite skin in the Battle Pass lineup. She’s detailed, she’s interesting, she feels relevant to the season. Her theming gives a lot of potential for the cosmetics in her set to be detailed and unique – our first look at the harvesting tool backs that up straight off. First impression of Era is decent, but my pleasant mood won’t last long.

Trace

Via Epic Games

I feel like I’ve seen it all before. Not a great sign when by far the most intriguing thing about this skin is his staff-like pickaxe.

Rian

Via Epic Games

Very, very poor. Utterly bland and boring. Just another female skin in a goggled hat in boring clothes. Feels like a million other skins who were rightly put in the item shop and not a Battle Pass.

Lorenzo

Via Epic Games

I get that this one is probably upgradable and this is likely the base style – but please tell me why Epic Games would choose to feature this bland-ass style in their promo material for a new season? It’s just some man! I hate it here.

Mariposa

Via Epic Games

And with Mariposa comes the last female skin in the Battle Pass – a fact that pisses me off because I loathe when there isn’t an equal gender split in the skins. Three female, five male – annoying. Couple that with the fact she’s a remix of the old luchadore wrestling item shop skin from years ago and you’ve got a bewildering decision on your hands. Who asked for this?

Relik

Via Epic Games

I’ve seen fans are into this one – and I’m happy for them. I’ll probably never use it, but at least this one has an interesting design and feels on theme with the Wild jungle season. The Omega vibes underneath the rock are intriguing, I’ll give it that.

Optimus Prime

Via Epic Games

The seasonal cash grab collab is here! This time we’ve got to trek to tier 100 through a Battle Pass to get Optimus Prime, the Transformers character I have never given two shites about because he looks like a scrapyard.

Purradise Meowscles

Via Epic Games

And rounding out the eight Battle Pass skins for Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 3 is yet another version of a skin we’ve already had in a Battle Pass already. It’s just beyond belief for me at this point. This should have been a shop skin and everyone knows it.

Out of all eight skins, I can see myself using one. Not ideal for Fortnite when the game is making me lose interest fast that they’re latest season is completely uninspired. Hopefully the gameplay additions slap, because right now I can’t stop yawning.

For all the latest gaming news, memes and updates follow The Holy Church of Gaming on Facebook. 

• The day’s come for the Fortnite Spider-Verse update – here’s what’s brand new in game

• Every The Legend of Zelda Nintendo game ranked, according to Metacritic

• Death by sex and snogging Grim Reaper: The darkest things you can do in The Sims

All images courtesy of Epic Games.