Rachael Lange tweets

Rachael Lange has apologised after a series of racist tweets from her account were unearthed

People started going through her socials after she was spotted with Dylan O’Brien at Paris Fashion Week

Twitter users began to search Rachael’s Twitter account against the N word and found a number of tweets including the use of the N word on multiple occasions. In one of the tweets, it reads: “When you’re trying to find a winter ball dress and the lady tells you to try the juniors department. N**** I’m 17.”

In another series of tweets from 2013, when Rachael would have been 15 years old, it says: “I’m literally such a paedophile oh my gosh.” The account then went on to tweet: “I have various pictures of small black children on my phone.”

Rachael Lange has issued an apology for the old tweets and said: “I would like to wholeheartedly apologise for past tweets of mine. I am mortified and ashamed that they exist; and am truly disgusted that I ever spoke that way. All I can say is that I hear you all and am sorry for the pain I’ve caused and contributed to.

“I want to make it abundantly clear that I take fully responsibility. I was extremely ignorant and while I do not remotely resonate with the things I once said, there is zero justification for my ever having said them. I understand the significance that my words have and am deeply sorry for the hurt I have caused.”

The Tab has contacted Rachael Lange’s reps for comment.