Nearly a year on from the Netflix doc, where is The Tinder Swindler now?

Just last month another woman said she was scammed by him

I bet you can’t remember your life before you knew of The Tinder Swindler case. It was one of the biggest documentaries of 2022, full of shocking revelations and stories, and ended with Simon Leviev being a name everyone will remember for the rest of their lives.

Despite the film stating Leviev stole around $10million (£7.4million) from his victims all over the world, he is currently living as a free man. The conman, whose real name is Shimon Hayut, called himself Simon Leviev, and claimed to be the son of Israeli Russian diamond tycoon, Lev Leviev. The Tinder Swindler was released on Netflix in February, so nearly a year ago. That’s a lot of time for a man like Simon Leviev. So, what’s he been up to since? Here’s a full rundown.

The Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev now

via Instagram

Straight after The Tinder Swindler on Netflix reached its height, Simon Leviev attempted to launch an entertainment career

Just weeks after The Tinder Swindler was released on Netflix, Simon Leviev went full on into his 10 minutes of fame. He was dating an Israeli model called Kate Konlin, made a Cameo account and was giving out shoutouts, and got himself a manager to launch an “entertainment career”.

He said he was trying to launch a new entertainment career in Hollywood –  which included writing a book, starring on a dating show and hosting a dating podcast. The potential dating show was reportedly going to see women compete to go on dates with him, and he wanted his podcast to share his dos and don’ts of dating.

So far, it’s been pretty quiet on this front. Surprise surprise.

The Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev now

via Instagram

Recently, even more women have come forward claiming Simon Leviev has swindled them

Despite the Netflix documentary seemingly outing Simon Leviev as a scammer, women are still to this day claiming they’re being defrauded by him. According to The Times of Israel, a 25-year-old woman called Iren is his latest victim, and has claimed he stole over £100k from her, despite her having watched the doc.

Speaking last month, Iren said Simon “didn’t look like a criminal” and managed to convince her everything previously said about him had been lies. “He went over with me every woman who had complained about him, and each one he told me how it was lies and he was right,” she said. “He doesn’t look like a criminal hunting for a mark.”

She claims she told Simon she needed a new car, and he had convinced her to transfer the money for it to him. She claims she transferred a sum of some NIS 450,000 ($130,000) to Simon Leviev, over several days. She then claims he stalled over paying her back, and then gave her a cheque that bounced. The cheque had allegedly been signed by another woman, who is believed to be another victim of his.

This using money from one woman to cover up with another is exactly the same tactics shown in the Netflix documentary about Simon’s behaviour, and a lawyer representing the second woman has said the two women’s stories are “identical”.

Right now, there is a TikTok account claiming to be The Tinder Swindler, but you can never be sure

After the Netflix doc, loads of social media accounts claiming to be Simon cropped up. On top of this, his official accounts were taken down, allowed back up, and taken down again multiple times, and he made new accounts, too. So every account that crops up now claiming to be The Tinder Swindler, I’d take with a pinch of salt.

There’s a TikTok account, called SimonLeviev90, with over 200k followers, which claims to be new and authentic videos from Simon himself. They’ve posted a video of him on a “weekend getaway” on a yacht, and driving around on a “day out” in a Lamborghini. It’s Simon splashing his wealth around, as per. “New set of enemies coming Jan 2023,” says one comment on a video of Simon pouring champagne whilst on a private jet.

There is also an Instagram account with 340k followers, which shows Simon with lots of different women

Another one to take with a pinch of salt, but there’s an Instagram account claiming to be the notorious man himself, too. It has 340k followers, and the bio reads: “Guys my first account was deleted by instagram , it’s my second account…..”

The feed is exactly what you’d expect: Private jet pictures, fancy meals, and him posing with lots of women. The most recent picture is captioned “with my baby girl” and it’s definitely not a picture of Kate, the model Simon was dating after the documentary. So, maybe he has a new girlfriend?

The Tinder Swindler Simon Leviev now

via Instagram @simon.officialll1

It’s unknown if Simon Leviev is still under the same management

When he was said to want to launch an entertainment career, Simon Leviev hired LA talent manager Gina Rodriguez, who is the CEO of Gitoni agency. The Tab has reached out to Gina and representatives from Gitoni about Simon Leviev, but has not received a reply.

But, even now The Tinder Swindler is still on Cameo!

via Cameo

You haven’t missed your chance, because even now the Cameo account belonging to The Tinder Swindler is live, and says he’s very much still active. Personalised videos cost $60 and you can have a video call for $241.

For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.