Man arrested Notting Hill Carnival murder

An 18-year-old man has handed himself in over the Notting Hill Carnival 2022 murder

The police are asking people to come forward with information about Takayo’s murder

An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Takayo Nembhard at Notting Hill Carnival, after handing himself in to the police. The teenager is being questioned in custody. Takayo, also known as TKorStretch, was stabbed to death at Notting Hill Carnival earlier this summer. Several people have been arrested in suspicion to his murder over the past few months.

The 21-year-old rapper was stabbed in the groin in Ladbroke Grove on 29th August 2022 and had to be pulled out of the crown by police to received emergency first aid. Takayo later died at a hospital in West London. The police believe several hundred people were in the “immediate area” where Takayo was attacked and possibly witnessed it and want to hear from anyone who may have video footage or pictures of the attack.

via Instagram @tkorstretch

Police officers have been trying to trace another person whose image was captured on CCTV in relation to Takayo’s murder. Detective Inspector Laura Semple, from Metropolitan Police, said: “Do you know who this person is? He was caught on CCTV at the Carnival and we still urgently need to trace him. If you can help or have any information – no matter how small – about Takayo’s murder, please come forward.”

via Metropolitan Police

A 23-year-old man and an 18-year-old man were arrested in Bristol on suspicion of murder on October 19th 2022, and a 20-year-old woman was also arrested in Islington on suspicion of assisting an offender. The 18-year-old man and 20-year-old woman were both bailed pending further enquiries and the 23-year-old man was released under investigation. A 17-year-old male was arrested in Bristol on October 22nd 2022 on suspicion of the murder and was bailed pending further enquiries.

A dedicated page has been set up where witnesses can upload photos and videos of the incident. It is simple to use and can be accessed here – Public Portal (mipp.police.uk). Information can also be provided by calling the incident room directly on 020 7175 2206 to speak to an officer, by calling 101 or by tweeting @MetCC quoting 7478/29AUG.