Man killed at Notting Hill Carnival 2022

A 21-year-old father to be was stabbed to death at Notting Hill Carnival 2022

His girlfriend described him as a ‘funny and loving person’

Takayo Nembhard, a 21-year-old man, was killed at Notting Hill Carnival on Monday 29th August 2022 after being stabbed to death. Takayo, who professionally went by the name TKorStretch, died after being attacked in Ladbroke Grove at 8pm.

The police had to pull rapper Takayo out of the Notting Hill crowd and provide emergency first aid. He later died in a hospital in West London. Takayo was expecting a child with his girlfriend who described him as “the most kind-hearted, loving, funny and caring person.”

His manager, Chris Patrick, said Takayo was “a really good, respectful kid” who lived in Bristol but also spent time in London. The rapper had played for the Bristol Rovers Academy until he was 16. Chris said: “He was talented in many areas, so when the football ended he picked up the music and started recording himself. He and his dad came to London and I met him and thought he was a good, really respectful kid.”

Takayo’s family are said to be “devastated”. The rapper was expecting a child with his girlfriend, Oshian Edwards who has shared her grief on social media. In an Instagram post, she wrote: “Takayo my sweet beautiful boy. All I can ask is why over and over again. You were the most kindhearted, loving, funny and caring person. I’m sat here with sore eyes and a heavy heart as I’ve cried consistently for the last 12 hours while carrying your unborn son.

“I will remind him daily about how great you were as a son, brother, boyfriend and friend too! The love I have for you will never stop and I will honour your name everyday.”

Featured image credit via Instagram @oshianedwards_ and @tkorstrech.