Married at First Sight UK couples

Out of the 34 couples matched on Married at First Sight UK, only three are still together

Matt and Daniel from season six have split up after two years together

Married at First Sight UK started back in 2015 and has matched up 34 couples over the past seven years and a lot of them haven’t worked out. The premise of Married at First Sight is simple, it’s literally in the name. Two people who have never seen each other before will be paired up by experts in the hopes of forming an unbreakable marriage. However for some, finding the love of your life on Married at First Sight UK is a hit or miss. You either get paired with the person you have been dreaming of, or you leave the experiment half way through, there’s really no inbetween.

From season one to seven, there have been 34 couples matched by experts in the hopes of them having a prosperous marriage. Across the seasons of Married at First Sight UK, here are the couples who are still together:

Season one

via Channel 4

Seasons one to five of Married at First Sight UK aired on Channel 4 and the format was slightly different to what it’s like now. There were only three couples on the first season and none of them are together anymore. Emma and James said yes at the end of the experiment but ultimately divorced. Sam and Jack did not get married and Kate and Jason said no at the end of the experiment and got their marriage annulled.

Season two

Season two had four couples take on the Married at First Sight experiment and none of the marriages ended well. All four couples said yes at the end of the experiment but ultimately divorced afterwards. The couples from 2016 were Lucie and Steven, Sara and Adam, Caroline and Adam and Melissa and Clark.

Season three

Season three was another disappointment as all three couples from the season did not find love. Richard and Harriet said no at the end of the experiment and divorced and Wayne and Carrie did not get married. One of the most notable couples from 2018 were Ben Jardine and Stephanie Remy.

Ben later competed on Celebrity Big Brother where he admitted he had got another woman pregnant while he was married and later revealed he had cheated on Stephanie before their honeymoon. The two separated and to hit the nail on the head, Stephanie claimed she found out she and Ben were divorcing when Ben announced it on a radio show.

Season four

Season four was another sour result for two couples. Steph and Jonathan were matched together and they said no to one another at the end of the experiment and got their marriage annulled, while Verity and Jack said yes but ultimately separated.

Season five

Season five began to prove that maybe the experiment could work. Events manager Shareen and wholesaler David said no at the end of the show and got divorced, however Michelle and Owen said yes and are still married to this day. They both have their own Instagram account where they share their day to day lives with fans. It’s all very wholesome.

Season six

Season six was completely different from previous seasons as it adopted the Australian format of Married at First Sight. There were a lot of couples and only a couple of relationships survived beyond the experiment. Bob and Megan were matched together but they broke up and left the experiment before making a final decision. Other couples who broke up before the final decision included Ant and Alexis and Jordon and Alexis. Wife-swapping was well and truly in the air in season six.

Ant and Nikita were the first couple to be removed from the experiment due to an altercation off-camera at the very first dinner party. Nikita was removed from the experiment and as a result, Ant had to leave the show.

Three couples from season six said yes at the end of the experiment but separated after filming. Luke and Morag, Josh and Amy and Franky and Marilyse all separated after the show ended. Marilyse is now in a relationship with season seven contestant, Matt Murray.

The only couple who proved the experiment does work from season six is Adam and Tayah. Matt and Daniel were in a relationship for two years after the show but have since announced they have slit up and are better off as friends. Adam and Tayah both said yes at the end of the experiment and are now engaged and have a child together.

Season seven

Season seven of Married at First Sight UK was like no other and has only one surviving couple from the experiment. Six couples left during the experiment before making the final decision to stay with one another. Duka and Whitney, Adrian and Thomas, Pjay and Jess, Richie and Lara, Kwame and Kasia and Gemma and Matt all broke up before the final decision.

Jordan and Chanita, George and April, Matt and Whitney, Johnathan and Sophie all said yes at the end of the experiment however have all broken up since filming ended. Chanita claimed Jordan cut all contact with her after filming ended and fans were shocked to learn the season seven golden couple were no longer together. The only couple still together from the latest season of Married at First Sight UK is Jenna and Zoe.

For all the latest Married at First Sight UK memes and tweets gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.