Love Islanders on Gemma and Luca

The Love Islanders who have had their say on Luca Bish and Gemma Owen’s very public split

‘Go live life honey’

Love Island 2022’s Gemma Owen and Luca Bish called it quits last week and social media didn’t know whether to pretend to be shocked or making several jokes about it. Of course, social media users did both. Both Gemma and Luca released separate statements, with Luca saying he’d hoped to have processed their breakup privately. Since their split, everyone has offered their opinion or shared a shady dig, including former Love Islanders, and honestly it’s too iconic. Here are all the Islanders who have had their say on the Gemma Owen and Luca Bish split:

Andrew Le Page

When Gemma and Luca announced their split, everyone had their say or made a subtle dig at the former Islanders. Soon after the news dropped, Andrew posted an Instagram photo of him and Tasha, with a very cryptic and slightly shady dig caption. The caption read: “Imma keep this one”. Interesting…

Coco Lodge

Speaking with On Demand Entertainment, former Casa Amor Islander Coco Lodge offered her opinion on Gemma and Luca’s split. Coco said: “It was a shock because they were cute together. However, I feel like when I was 19, I didn’t really want to be tied down in a relationship. I can’t really comment too much because I don’t speak to them but I’m guessing like when you’re 19, things don’t really last. She’s very young. She doesn’t want to be tied into a relationship. Go live life honey. Even he is young.

Amber Gill

After the new dropped that Gemma and Luca had split, not everyone seemed all that surprised. One former Islander that was pleased to see the end of their relationship was former winner Amber Gill. In a tweet, she said: “Let me follow her now”.

Jacques and Dami

Both Jacques and Dami were very close to Luca in the villa and they both shared their support after Luca said he was “glad” the week was over following his and Gemma’s split. In an Instagram comment, Jacques wrote: “My brother always got you”, and Dami wrote: “Luca Bish has entered the chat let’s f**ckin’ have it”.

Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu

Fans were quick to poke fun at the timing of Ekin-Su’s tweet following Gemma and Luca’s split. Just moments after their split went public, Ekin-Su posted a tweet and wrote: “Everyone needs someone they can be silly and themselves with”.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.