Channel 4 to release exposé docuseries about ‘what really happens on Love Island’

Reality Check: Life After The Limelight will interview ex-Islanders

Channel 4 is set to release a new documentary series about what really happens to contestants who go on ITV2 dating show, Love Island. The series will be called Reality Check: Life After The Limelight and will feature Islanders who found fame from the show.

According to The Sun, the “explosive” documentary series will feature contestants from lots of series of the show, old and new, and will speak to them about the impact of the show giving people instant fame, whilst also delving into the behind the scenes of Love Island and what it’s like for Islanders when work dries up for them.

It’s not been confirmed exactly who is going to feature in the documentary, as it is said Channel 4 is still casting Love Island stars to speak to. It looks as though we will finally get a look into the show and what it’s actually like for contestants before, during and after.

Channel 4 set to release a documentary series about what really happens on dating show Love Island

via ITV

This comes as this year’s series was followed by multiple complaints of bullying. Islanders were accused of bullying one another, and other Ofcom complaints were made by viewers who worried for the mental wellbeing of those on the show. Following the number of complaints this year, last week, Ofcom confirmed it would not be investigating further.

7,482 complaints were made about the eighth series of the show, with the majority of these being about misogynistic behaviour from male Islanders. An Ofcom spokesperson told The Tab: “We carefully assessed complaints about this series on a range of issues including alleged misogynistic and bullying behaviour.

“We recognise that emotionally-charged or confrontational scenes can upset some viewers. But, in our view, negative behaviour in the villa was not shown in a positive light. Viewers saw other Islanders condemning the behaviour and offering advice and support, as well as scenes where apologies were made. We also took into account that the format of this reality show is well-established and viewers would expect to see the highs and lows as couples’ relationships are tested.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.