A reminder of all the accusations of bullying there have been during Love Island this year

Islanders have called each other out and have said producers needed to step in

During Love Island 2022, it has seemed as though there have been more accusations of bullying than ever before. Ofcom has received thousands of complaints, and Twitter has been alight with people calling the Islanders out for their behaviour.

Now the Islanders have headed back home, they themselves are coming out and speaking about their experiences. Most recently, Remi has accused Jacques and Luca of bullying, saying it was so bad he thinks they should have been removed from the Love Island 2022 villa. This accusation is one of many there have been this year, so here’s a reminder of them all.

The boys were accused of bullying Ekin-Su

One of the main things viewers have been complaining to Ofcom about this year is certain Islanders being bullied, and some of the first instances of this were towards Ekin-Su.  A number of complaints were made when Jacques branded Ekin-Su “a headache” and then people on Twitter discussed feeling as though Ekin-Su was being bullied within the villa.

Ofcom received complaints about Jacques’ treatment towards Paige

Ofcom has also confirmed a further 69 complaints were made to do with Jacques’ treatment of Paige. They came after he called her “pathetic” in one conversation after it was revealed his heart rate was increased most by ex girlfriend Gemma Owen during the heart racer challenge.

Luca and Dami were accused of bullying Tasha and other Islanders said producers should have stepped in

Near the end of the series, Love Island viewers became increasingly concerned over the treatment of Tasha by Luca Bish and Dami Hope, often comparing it to bullying, which resulted in another 2,000 Ofcom complaints.

After the Suck and Blow challenge Ofcom received 351 complaints about Luca and Dami’s digs at Tasha, and across the two days where the Snog Marry Pie challenge took place, Ofcom received 413 complaints on the first night and 1,509 on the second. During the two challenges, it appeared Luca and Dami were targeting Tasha. Ofcom confirmed to The Tab these complaints were for “alleged bullying and misogynistic behaviour from some of the male contestants.”

Speaking on the Secure The Insecure podcast, Billy and Josh said they felt Luca and Dami would “constantly go” for Tasha. Billy said: “I can see why people are saying about the bullying. Some people in the villa, the way they were acting, yeah, they might be fed up or annoyed or something, but especially to the girls – don’t go and keep hurting that girl constantly, such as Tasha.

“Don’t go and just keep going at her, going at her, going at her. To see that, it’s not nice. I don’t like anyone feeling out of place or like they can’t go speak to someone alone. Luca and Dami, for instance, they just constantly go for Tasha. They might see it as banter, but when I spoke to Tasha, one night she was crying. I saw her over there by herself and went up to her.”

Josh compared the villa environment to a school classroom and said he felt producers should have stepped in. “Imagine you’re in year 11 at school and the teacher’s just left the classroom, it felt like that kind of atmosphere,” he said. “I feel like, a producer could have easily stepped in and been like, ‘Listen, this is how it’s coming across’ or ‘How would you be on the outside?’”

Remi has accused Luca and Jacques of bullying, saying it was so bad they deserved to be removed from the villa

Remi is one of many Islanders accusing each other of bullying in Love Island 2022

via Netflix

The most recent accusation of bullying during Love Island 2022 has come from Remi, who has posted a lengthy statement about how he feels towards Luca and Jacques. Luca and Jacques got together on an Instagram live and mocked some of their fellow Islanders, one of which being Remi. During this live, Jacques and Luca believed Remi was watching and commenting, but it was in fact a fake account interacting with the boys.

In his statement, Remi said the boys deserved to be “kicked out” the villa for “bullying” and he was surprised nothing more had been done over their behaviour. He said: “Don’t know why these guys have such a problem with me, clearly got some serious issues they need to sort out. Everyone said I lied about the way I was treated in that villa, but this here is an example of what was going on whilst I was in there. Don’t know why they wasn’t kicked out for their behaviour to be honest. It’s not banter, it’s clear signs of bullying.”

After he was dumped, Remi said he “hates” Jacques and that he “made Love Island shit” for him, with constant digs and mocking. In the statement, Remi went on to explain further that he and Jacques had disagreements in the Love Island villa, which Luca encouraged, and they weren’t aired on the show. “I wish everyone could see all of the crap I went through,” he said. “Jacques said bad things about my appearance and the way I speak, whilst Luca was encouraging it.”

He concluded by saying: “These guys are not role models or good people. They have not once thought about my mental health. If I wasn’t soo strong minded I could’ve done something stupid to myself by now, but they don’t care at all. I want justice.”

The Tab approached representatives for both Luca and Jacques over what Remi has said, but neither have provided a response. The Tab has also contacted ITV for comment.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.