Iyanna and Jarrette from Love Is Blind have split up and are getting a divorce

‘We’re saddened to share we are separating and will begin the process of divorcing’

Iyanna and Jarrette, from season two of Love Is Blind on Netflix, have announced they have split and will be beginning divorce proceedings. This comes just six months after their wedding was aired on the Netflix show.

Iyanna and Jarrette met on the Netflix dating experiment series, and agreed to marry one another having never met. Their relationship was shown in its rawest form, for the entire audience to see as they grew to get to know one another. Iyanna and Jarrette announced the news of their separating in a joint Instagram post across their pages.

Iyanna and Jarrette Love Is Blind season two announce split

via Instagram @iyanna.amo

In the post announcing their split, Jarrette and Iyanna thanked their families and Love Is Blind, and said they are heading in different directions. The post reads: “What’s going on, family. After much thought, we’re saddened to share we are separating and will begin the process of divorcing. Whilst we have love for each other, our lives are going in different directions, and that’s okay. Coming to this decision was far from easy and we will always wish each other the absolute best.

“We hope you will give us some space as we close this chapter of our lives. Thank you to our close friends and family for loving us both through our experience. To the Love Is Blind family and Netflix, thank you for this unforgettable opportunity and support. Each of you have brought overwhelming love and joy into our lives. This experience has taught us so much about ourselves, vulnerability and love. We don’t regret a single thing!”

Love Is Blind shared its best wishes, posting on Twitter: “Jarrette and Iyanna – As you start the next chapters of your lives, thank you for opening your hearts to the Love is Blind experience and sharing your journey with all of us.”

Speaking on Twitter, Iyanna added that love can still be blind, but it came down to her and Jarrette simply not being compatible. “Marriage is more than love and unfortunately we were incompatible on everything else. But we tried our best,” she said.