Pictured is Hunter Moore

The Most Hated Man on the Internet: Where is Hunter Moore now?

After being released from prison, he published his own book

Netflix’s latest true crime documentary The Most Hated Man on the Internet has dropped and it explores the rise and fall of Hunter Moore, who the title of the documentary is about. The limited series looks at his revenge porn website, IsAnyoneUp.com, and how he was eventually taken down and imprisoned.

Hunter Moore was dubbed The Most Hated Man on the Internet in 2012, following an article by Rolling Stone. But since pleading guilty to the felony charges in 2015 and his release from prison in 2017, where is “the king of revenge porn” now?

Who is Hunter Moore?

Hunter Moore is the American convicted criminal who created the IsAnyoneUp.com revenge porn website. The now taken down site would allow users to anonymously upload nude photos of usually their ex partners with their social media handles, home address and sometimes family members’ information.

Hunter described himself as a “professional life ruiner” and made huge amounts of money from the website through advertisement. The new documentary follows the rise and fall of Moore and one woman who was determined to have her daughter’s photo removed.

Where is Hunter Moore now?

Hunter is a free man following his release from prison in May 2017. He served two years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated identity theft and aiding and abetting in the unauthorised access of a computer. He was able to leave prison under a supervised released and ordered to pay a fine.

In 2018, a year after his release, Hunter self-published his own book called Is Anyone Up?! The Story of Revenge Porn. Since then, he has kept a low profile and has no social media. Moore was meant to be involved in the Netflix docuseries, however he pulled out. The producers of the documentary said: “When we were developing it, he initially agreed to take part, but then decided not to.”

Producer Vikki Miller said: “When Hunter pulled out, I was initially disappointed but then I completely changed my mind and am so glad we ended up telling it though Charlotte Laws’ narrative.”

The Most Hated Man on the Internet is now available on Netflix. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.