Wait, this deep Stranger Things theory about Henry Creel might be the most interesting yet

Um, I’m hooked on this?!

The theories about Stranger Things are getting a little out of hand now. Every day fans are coming up with new and more wild concepts and ideas for what could happen next in the show, or spotting links that could explain things we’ve seen happen. But, there’s another one doing the rounds now, and this Stranger Things theory is all about Henry Creel.

In Stranger Things 4 we learned all about the Creel family, and the big twist was that Henry Creel is actually 001, who is actually Vecna. It was a lot. People in a Facebook group have gone deep in theorising about his character, and I have nothing but respect for the investment and dedication to the hunt for what things could mean or hint at.

Stranger Things 4 theory about Henry Creel and his family

via Netflix

This theory basically says Stranger Things 4’s Henry Creel could have actually been adopted to within the Creel family, and I have to say, it’s compelling. The post reads: “So far I haven’t read anyone theorise that Henry might have been adopted by the Creel family. Henry doesn’t even look like his sister or his parents. Henry has very dark features compared to his family. He has these incredible abilities yet the rest of his family does not. Where did they come from?

“There was a time when if a child was different, they were either put up for adoption or put in asylums. Is it possible that Karen [Wheeler] is Henry’s sister and the sister Henry killed was his stepsister? I think so. That’s my theory anyways. There has to be a connection here because Vecna had the chance to kill both Karen and Nancy, and he didn’t.

“The only Wheeler he went after was Mike and I think that’s because Mike is Eleven’s boyfriend. Vecna is trying to get his revenge on El and hurting Mike wound definitely hurt Eleven. If Vecna had killed Nancy, he would have had his four [kills] and broken the veil between his world and ours. Why let her go? Why only posses her mind to give Eleven a message? There is definitely more going on than we have been led to believe. It’s going to be really fantastic when e everything is finally revealed in season 5. I’m super excited.”

I fully back this? And the comments on the post do, too. “I really like this theory. Has been the first one to make the most sense,” one person said. “Wow love that explanation! That makes more sense he killed his stepsister !🤯,” another added. “Wow that be huge game changer ! Mind blown ..,” another person added. 

Creel family in Stranger Things 4

via Netflix

There was also another theory that a big clue was hidden in a promo poster. The poster contains Karen Wheeler, and also shows the Creel house. People have been questioning what the Creel house has to do with Karen, and why a seemingly “minor” character even has a promo picture, when the other posters are just of the main characters. Does this theory also go towards explaining that?

Stranger Things 4 is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.