Stranger Things writers have literally warned us to be ‘concerned’ over how dark it gets

PLEASE DON’T LET STEVE DIE

Stranger Things writers have straight up told fans we should be “concerned” over how dark volume two will get. The second volume of Stranger Things four drops on July 1 and I don’t think fans are ready for it. We’re all getting deeply worried for our favourite characters and the Duffer brothers have not helped ease that anxiety in any way.

Volume one ended with us learning Vecna was in face 001 this whole time and Nancy could very easily be his next victim. All of this was happening whilst Hopper, Joyce and Murray were stuck in a Russian prison infested with Demogorgons – essentially it’s not looking good for anyone.

via Netflix

Ross Duffer has warned fans that we have every single reason to be worried about our favourite characters. He told Variety: “I don’t want to say, but I would be concerned about the characters going into volume two, for sure. I hope that that is sort of the sense, because it is a darker season and the kids are no longer kids. And there’s sort of an ominous feeling that things might not go down well. Now, whether they do die or not, you’ll have to watch.”

If I’m honest, I am worried for Steve’s safety. This news from Ross Duffer is making me shake, cry and want to throw up. Joseph Quinn who plays Eddie Munson described volume two as “carnage“. He says: “The scale and ambition are astonishing. All the seeds that have been planted bear fruit and it’s just carnage. You know the finale is two-and-a-half hours, right? Ending with this monster feature-length episode is so bold.”

Noah Schnapp also confirmed “some deaths” are coming and Ross Duffer previously said we can expect some “endgame”. Fans aren’t ready and I don’t think we ever will be.

Stranger Things 4 is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.