milani

So, it turns out Milani Cosmetics wasn’t mentioned during the Depp v Heard trial

There might be more to this than we first thought

Live: This is a developing story and is being continuously updated.

Milani Cosmetics was not mentioned by name during the Depp v Heard opening statements, Newsweek has confirmed.

Johnny Depp is suing ex-wife Amber Heard for defamation, after she wrote a 2018 Washington Post article talking about her experience of “domestic violence”. As the trial entered its third week (22nd April), the brand went viral for shooting down claims Heard used their palette to cover bruising during the marriage. The pair divorced in 2016.

“Let the record show that our Correcting Kit launched in 2017,” Milani stated in a TikTok caption. Fact checkers have since confirmed a brand wasn’t named at all during the opening statements.

@milanicosmetics You asked us… let the record show that our Correcting Kit launched in 2017!👀 #milanicosmetics ♬ International Super Spy – dylan

“Take note: Alleged abuse was around 2014-2016,” a social media spokesperson for Milani said. “(Depp and Heard) got divorced in 2016. Makeup palette release date: 2017.

“Next up… On our way to Harvard Law!”

It also commented to a customer: “We are here to provide the facts of the case.”

johnny depp

Photo by Shutterstock

Heard’s lawyer, Elaine Bredehoft, held up a similar-looking palette within her opening statement – but she did not testify Heard specifically used Milani Cosmetics’ All-In-One Correcting Kit during the course of her marriage.

“All kinds of people saw Amber that week, and she didn’t have any bruises on her face. Well, let me show you this,” she said. “This is what Amber carried in her purse for the entire relationship with Johnny Depp.

“She became very adept at it. You’re going to hear the testimony from Amber about how she had to mix the different colours for the different days of the bruises as they developed in the different colouring and how she would use (it) to touch those up to be able to cover those.”

For more updates on the Johnny Depp v Amber Heard trial, follow our live blog here.