francesca bridgerton

Um, so why was Francesca missing from most of Bridgerton season two?

She vanished into thin air

*Contains spoilers for Bridgerton season two*

Season two of Bridgerton dropped on Netflix last week and though we all knew we wouldn’t be seeing the return of the Duke there’s also been one major character who has been missing from the show.

One of the Bridgerton siblings is absent for the majority of the series, and no I’m not talking about Daphne’s occasional appearances. The sixth sibling Francesca practically disappears half way through Bridgerton. So where was she?

via Netflix

During the first season of Bridgerton though she is not seen often, Francesca is often spoken about. For the majority of season one Francesca was studying pianoforte with her Aunt Winnie. However she returned in the last episode and showed off her piano playing skills.

In the new season we all thought we would be seeing much more of Francesca. She appears in the first three episodes of season two in scenes with the Bridgerton family, however soon after this she disappears from the show and is never mentioned again.

Bridgerton’s show runner Chris Van Dusen explained Ruby Stokes, who plays Francesca, had to leave half way through filming the show due to other filming commitments but they are hoping to feature her more in the next season.

He told TVLine: “I love Francesca, but we lost her midway through season two. After exhausting all other options, she unfortunately had to come out due to reasons beyond our control. Perhaps season three will be the charm.”

via Netflix

Ruby Stokes left Bridgerton to film the Netflix detective series Lockwood & Co of which she is the lead character. The series is currently in post production and is expected to launch this year. However due to the filming schedules Ruby could not film for both series.

Ruby still seems to be very much part of the Bridgerton family. She shared photos from behind the scenes on her Instagram and attended the premier alongside her on-screen siblings Gregory and Hyacinth Bridgerton.

Season two of Bridgerton is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.