How old the cast of Bridgerton season two are in real life compared to their characters

Some are double the age of who they play

Bridgerton is back on Netflix, bringing a well-needed injection of elegance, grand balls and high-society into our lives. The show sees the cast thrown back into the depths of another season in London, as Anthony hunts for his bride. But one thing you might be wondering about the show is how old all the characters are actually meant to be in season two, and how the ages of the Bridgerton cast compare to this.

The show is set in the 1800s, so things were very different back then. Women were married off as soon as they could be, and age gap marriages didn’t matter, as long as the man was seen eligible and wealthy enough. So here is how old the cast members of season two of Bridgerton on Netflix are, and all the known ages of their characters in the show.

Jonathan Bailey – Anthony Bridgerton

Age: 33

How old the cast of Bridgerton season two are in real life and how this compares to the ages of the characters

via Netflix

This season is all about Anthony Bridgerton. The once Rake with a capital R is ready to find a wife. Anthony is 31 in the show and he’s played by 33-year-old Jonathan Bailey.

Simone Ashley – Kate Sharma

Age: 27

via Netflix

The eldest Sharma sister, who is fiercely protective over her younger sister, is Kate Sharma. In the show Kate is meant to be 26, and is often shunned for not being married yet. Ashley is 27 in real life, having celebrated her birthday the week after season two dropped. So, she and her character Kate are pretty much exactly the same age.

Charithra Chandran – Edwina Sharma

Age: 25

via Netflix

Charithra Chandran plays younger Sharma sister and diamond of the season, Edwina. It’s believed Edwina is meant to be around 21 in the show and Charithra is 25, so there is around a four-year age gap between her and her character.

Shelley Conn – Mary Sharma

Age: 45

via Netflix

45-year-old Shelly Conn plays the mother of the Sharma sisters, Mary. Her character is probably around a similar age in the show too.

Nicola Coughlan – Penelope Featherington

Age: 35

via Netflix

There’s a huge age-gap between Nicola Coughlan and her character Penelope. Penelope is supposed to be 18 in season two of the show and Nicola is 35 – double her age.

Polly Walker – Lady Portia Featherington

Age: 55

via Netflix

Polly Walker plays Lady Featherington. She is 55 in real life, which is probably just a little older than her character is meant to be – given her daughters are teens.

Adjoa Andoh – Lady Danbury

Age: 59

via Netflix

It’s not known how old Lady Danbury is meant to be during the show, but it’s probably not too far from the age of Adjoa Andoh who plays her – she is aged 59 in real life.

Golda Rosheuvel – Queen Charlotte

Age: 52

via Netflix

Queen Charlotte is a real historical figure and in 1814, when Bridgerton is set, she was 70-years-old. Golda Rosheuvel who plays her is much younger than this, and is just 52 in real life.

Phoebe Dynevor – Daphne Bridgerton

Age: 26

via Netflix

Daphne was aged 21 in the first season of the show, which focussed around her and the Duke’s love story. She is now 22. Phoebe Dynevor, who plays her, is 26 in real life.

Luke Thompson – Benedict Bridgerton

Age: 33

via Netflix

Benedict is the middle of the the Bridgerton brothers, and is aged 28 in the show. He’s played by 33-year-old Luke Thompson, so there is a five-year age gap between him and his character.

Luke Newton – Colin Bridgerton

Age: 29

via Netflix

Colin is meant to be 23 in season two of the show and he is played by 29-year-old Luke Newton. There is a six-year age gap between him and his character in the show.

Florence Hunt – Hyacinth Bridgerton

Age: 15

via Netflix

Florence Hunt plays one of the much younger Bridgerton siblings, Hyacinth. Hyacinth is 11-years-old in season two of the show, and Florence is 15.

Will Tilston – Gregory Bridgerton

Age: 15

via Netflix

Will Tilston is also 15 in real life, and he plays Gregory Bridgerton. In the show, Gregory is meant to be around the age of 13.

Claudia Jessie – Eloise Bridgerton

Age: 32

via Netflix

Eloise is Daphne’s younger sister in the show, and her character is aged 18 in season two, the same age as her bestie Penelope. Claudia Jessie is much older than her character, aged 32 in real life, meaning there is a 14-year age gap between her and her character.

Ruby Stokes – Francesca Bridgerton

Age: 21

via Netflix

Francesca is a year younger than her sister Eloise, aged 17. She’s played by Ruby Stokes, who is 21 in real life.

Ruth Gemmell – Violet Bridgerton

Age: 54

via Netflix

In real life, Ruth Gemmell is 54. She plays Violet Bridgerton, who is 48 in the show.

Rupert Evans – Lord Edmund Bridgerton

Age: 45

via Netflix

Edmund Bridgerton is the father of the eight Bridgerton siblings, and died suddenly in 1803. Season two flashbacks to before his death will feature Rupert Evans, who is 45, in the role.

Martins Imhangbe – Will Mondrich

Age: 30

via Netflix

It’s not known how old Will Mondrich is in the show, but he is of the same generation of the Duke and Anthony Bridgerton, so it can be assumed he is around 30. This is the same age as Martins Imhangbe, who plays him.

Kathryn Drysdale – Genevieve Delacroix

Age: 40

via Netflix

The age of Madame Genevieve Delacroix, the dress-maker in Bridgerton, isn’t known but she is probably meant to be a fair bit younger than Kathryn Drysdale who plays her. She might not at all look it, but she’s 40 in real life! Madame Delacroix is probably around half her age, in her early 20s.

Calam Lynch – Theo Sharpe

Age: 27

via Netflix

Calam Lynch is 27, and plays Theo Sharpe – a printer’s assistant with a quick mind and fierce political beliefs who falls into the path of one of Bridgerton’s young ladies. Theo is probably meant to be a fair bit younger than Calam is.

Jessica Madsen – Cressida Cowper

Age: 29

via Netflix

Cressida Cowper’s is another of the Bridgerton season two cast ages which is not exactly known, but she was in competition with Daphne in season one to be named diamond of the season, so they are probably a similar age – around 22. Jessica Madsen plays Cressida, and she is 29 in real life.

Season two of Bridgerton is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.