annalynne mccord putin video

Don’t worry guys! 90210’s AnnaLynne McCord has come to end the war with her poem to Putin

Thank god she’s intervened

Former 90210 cast member AnnaLynne McCord has released a video on Twitter where she said if she had been the mother of Vladimir Putin the world would be a better place, following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine yesterday morning.

In the two minute clip AnnaLynne recites a poem (presumably of her own creation) titled “Dear Mister President Vladimir Putin…” and goes onto say if she was his mother she would have loved him and he would not have felt the urge to invade Ukraine.

She said: “Dear President Vladimir Putin. I’m so sorry that I was not your mother. If I was your mother you would have been so loved, held in the arms of joyous light, never would this story plight the world unfurled before our eyes a pure demise of nation sitting peacefully under a night sky.

“If I was your mother the world would have been warm, so much laughter and joy and nothing would harm. I can’t imagine the stain, the soul stealing pain that the little boy you must have seen.”

AnnaLynne goes onto suggest if she was his mother she would have died for him and protected him from the violence he saw at an early age.

She said: “I cannot believe I was born too late, in a different place when I would have loved you so.”

So yeah, it’s only been a day since Russia invaded Ukraine, causing the deaths of 137 people, before a celebrity got involved to offer their extremely helpful thoughts on the situation.

AnnaLynne’s video has now been viewed nearly 20 million times and has been met with a lot of backlash.

People have retweeted the video and described it as “self-righteous”, “embarrassing” and made jokes how it has definitely solved all the world’s problems.

One person tweeted: “This is so embarrassing, like are you not mortified directing slam fucking poetry to Vladimir Putin.”

Another said: “I still cannot believe this is real.”

Even Love Island’s Georgia Townend got involved and condemned AnnaLynne for blaming women for the violent actions of men.

She wrote: “Thank you for enlightening us that it is once again a woman’s fault for the consequences of a man’s actions. I was blissfully unaware this was anything to do Putins mum until this informative video.”

Many people also compared AnnaLynne’s video to Gal Gadot’s “Imagine” video during the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. In her video she rounded up a group of celebrities to sing “Imagine” in a move that helped absolutely no one.

There were also comparisons to Vanessa Hudgens’ video from 2020 in which she said people dying from Covid-19 was “inevitable”. Vanessa later apologised for her comments and said they were “insensitive”.

These are just some of the reactions to possibly the most cursed video of all time: