All 24 looks from Drag Race UK Versus the World’s Ru Ball, ranked from worst to best

I believe in Jimbo supremacy

This week on RuPaul’s Drag Race: UK Versus the World, it was ball week. Much to the dismay of Baga Chipz, the queens had to serve three looks based around RuPaul – Kitty Girl, Butch Queen and then finally a Werk Room created garment that Ru herself would want to wear. As usual in this trademark Drag Race staple challenge, the looks varied from editorial to evil. Here are all 24 of the Ru Ball looks from Drag Race UK Versus the World, ranked from worst to best.

24. Baga’s You Wear It Well

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

Me walking into the front room wrapped in an old shower curtain and demanding my mum watches me do a “fashion show”.

23. Baga’s Butch Queen

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

Girl, that is Demi Lovato. End of. Side note – are those… wooden clog go-go boots? This is Daphne Blake’s nightmare.

22. Jujubee’s Butch Queen

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

I have literally no clue what is happening here or why. I can’t make head nor tails of it. I’m serving more Butch Queen right now as I write this, and I’m wearing a t shirt and jeans.

21. Jujubee’s Kitty Girl

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

This could just be a university student going to a house party, not one of the greatest Drag Race queens of all time walking the UK Versus the World runway during a BALL CHALLENGE. Dismaying. Juju can and has done better. What happened! I need her to annihilate next week and become the frontrunner she should be.

20. Jujubee’s You Wear It Well

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

I saw someone on Twitter replying to this saying “You wear it fine” and it made me snort. I actually could see RuPaul wearing this, but it’s a bit ill fitting and the cut went up way too high.

19. Cheryl’s You Wear It Well

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

I’m sorry, I get that it wasn’t perfectly made, but I will defend our Chez on this one that RuPaul would absolutely wear this. If Zaldy had made it, we’d have seen it on the runway. Last week Ru walked the runway in a Shein dress and yellow tights. Give Cheryl Hole a break!

18. Janey’s Butch Queen

Drag Race UK Versus the World

Via BBC

Proving once and for all that orange unfortunately is the new black. The boots like like they’re from St John’s in Liverpool. If you know, you know.

17. Janey’s You Wear It Well

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

Perhaps this is just me since the judges gobbled it up, but this is… horrible? The wig, the makeup, the material… Don’t get it never will. I appreciate it’s well made and well fitting, but I do not subscribe to the parallel world where RuPaul wears this.

16. Cheryl’s Butch Queen

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

I love the idea of this look but wish the execution was a bit more heightened. Think of Gigi Goode’s mint and latex motorcycle look – one of my all time fave Drag Race runways. Love Cheryl Hole so much, just wish it had that extra wow factor.

15. Cheryl’s Kitty Girl

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

Impossible to be unhappy looking at this image. Pure joy. Immaculate vibes. Sure, it’s a completely fine and serviceable look, but who cares! It’s national treasure Cheryl Hole giving us a big smile! Elevates it to practically Gucci levels of editorial in my books.

14. Blu’s You Wear It Well

Via BBC

I really wish Blu Hydrangea had made this Drag Race UK Versus the World ball showstopper into a gown rather than a jumpsuit with a draping. I just think it would have been way more RuPaul, but it’s well made and definitely hits the brief.

13. Jimbo’s You Wear It Well

Absolutely so here for this, especially because I’m choosing to believe the fact it looks like Jimbo is recreating the iconically harrowing RuPaul Wish bauble is completely canon.

12. Pangina’s Butch Queen

Via BBC

I do really love what Pan Pan went for here, even though I just really struggle to see Queen Elizabeth as butch no matter what rig out she has on. It’s really well executed, even though we’ve already seen it done (and done arguably a bit better) by The Vivienne all the way back on the first episode of Drag Race UK.

11. Pangina’s You Wear It Well

Drag Race UK Versus the World ball

Via BBC

If Pangina wore different shoes and not 5000 denier tights, this would be potentially the best look of the entire Drag Race UK Versus the World ball. I mean, LOOK at the top half. It’s giving French Vogue.

10. Mo’s You Wear It Well

Via BBC

Not sure what the judges were on about, because I think this is an absolute serve from Mo, and I think she should have been in the top with Jimbo over Janey. This is giving RuPaul to me – it reminds me of season two Ru. I LOVE the hair so much. She looks so gorgeous.

9. Blu’s Kitty Girl

Via BBC

I love that you never really know what Blu Hydrangea is going to serve. She’s always experimenting with vibes and with colour, and it makes her such an exciting queen to have on the runway. I love the fusion of futurism with Cats: The Musical here.

8. Janey’s Kitty Girl

Via BBC

In her best look of the night, Janey absolutely ate the first category up. Such a great way to interpret the them and she smashed it. Really wish her other two looks were as fun as this.

7. Baga’s Kitty Girl

Via BBC

See! Baga Chipz can actually serve a great look when she can be arsed! This is probably the best Baga has ever looked, I love that she’s called BAGa and is doing an homage to BAGpuss. Especially when you factor in “Baga’s pussy’s burning” lyrics. Smart, well executed and camp. Great!

6. Mo’s Butch Queen

Via BBC

Absolutely phenomenal work from Mo Heart – completely on theme and executed in a way that pits her as a queen who will really go there with her versatility. It’s just so different (or, mo different, if you will) from anything we’ve ever seen her do before. It’s Grace Jones. I LOVE it.

5. Mo’s Kitty Girl

Via BBC

Mo’s homage to Luna from Sailor Moon is an absolute triumph – graphic and striking, well referenced, well made and arguably the coolest interpretation of the theme across the board. HOW WAS SHE NOT IN THE TOP TWO?

4. Blu’s Butch Queen

Via BBC

This look is so fucking cool – it’s freakshow, it’s funfair, it’s carnival. The gown contrasting with the strongman aesthetic is so pleasing. Deserved comments from the judges to be told “you smashed it here”.

3. Jimbo’s Kitty Girl

Via BBC

It doesn’t reinvent the wheel, but it does absolutely smash it in terms of polish and execution. It’s so wonderfully graphic and striking, every little detail of it works heavenly. I am just so obsessed with how different all three of Jimbo’s Drag Race UK Versus the World Ball looks were. It’s giving winner.

2. Jimbo’s Butch Queen

Via BBC

Taking clear inspiration from the late Thierry Mugler’s iconic motorcycle bustier, Jimbo’s Butch Queen serve is SO good. So camp, editorial and fun in equal measure whilst remaining completely on theme. Perfection.

1. Pangina’s Kitty Girl

Via BBC

I’m not seeing enough hype and acclaim on social media for this showstopper for my liking. What a way to kick the ball off this week – an absolutely magical fashion moment. It kind of gives me Pan’s Labyrinth – PANGINA’S LABYRINTH. I love finding the beauty in the hairless Sphynx catm and making their distinctive skin into inspiration for a gown. It’s really, REALLY special. Pangina is an icon.

RuPaul’s Drag Race UK is streaming now on BBC iPlayer. Keep up with new episodes of RuPaul’s Drag Race: UK Versus the World on BBC Three at 9pm on Tuesdays. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.

Featured image courtesy of BBC.

Recommended stories by this writer:

• 15 amazing queens we need to see on season two of Drag Race: UK Versus the World

• Choriza May and River Medway break silence on RuPaul’s worst decision in Drag Race history

• ‘By the time I left, I didn’t want to be there’: Charity Kase on her Drag Race UK journey