Elle Darby tweets

Here’s what has happened to Elle Darby one week after her racist tweets surfaced

She has lost over 100,000 followers, yikes

It has been a week since 26-year-old influencer Elle Darby’s old, offensive and racist tweets from 2011 resurfaced. Tweets originally came to light on New Year’s Eve and Elle quickly posted an apology to her Instagram story taking responsibility for what happened. But since Elle posted her apology video onto YouTube and announced she was taking a break, a lot more has happened including a dramatic loss of followers and being dropped by her management. Here’s everything that has happened with the Elle Darby drama in the last week:

Elle Darby and Connor Swift were both dropped by their management

Elle Darby and Connor Swift have both been dropped from their management, Gleam Futures, who say they want “talent that align with their values”. A spokesperson told FEMAIL: “At Gleam Futures, our mission is to be a driving force for a culturally progressive and diverse industry, offering leading-edge representation for talent that aligns with our values. In light of recent events, we have therefore made the decision to no longer represent Elle Darby and Connor Swift.”

An apparent insider said: “As soon as this came to light, Gleam reviewed the situation and looked carefully into the whole issue but ultimately made the decision quickly that they could no longer represent Connor and Elle. Diversity is something that the company and all of the staff are extremely passionate about.”

Elle has since lost over 100,000 followers on Instagram

One week ago, Elle had lost 50,000 Instagram followers. Now she’s looking at a loss of over 100,000 on Instagram and around 26,000 YouTube subscribers.

Jack Grealish’s girlfriend unfollowed Elle Darby

Sasha Attwood is Jack Grealish’s 25-year-old girlfriend and she has over 130,000 followers on Instagram. It was recently reported that she has unfollowed Elle Darby on Instagram following her racist tweets coming to light. Sasha was a regular follower who commented a lot on Elle’s posts as well as modelling for the Angelle Collection.

Saffron Barker also unfollowed Elle Darby despite modelling for her brand, Angelle Collection.

Molly-Mae’s dad defended Elle Darby in a statement

After both of them having big controversies in the last week, Molly-Mae Hague’s dad defended Elle Darby in the comment section of a post about his daughter. He said: “It must be so tough for media stars, influencers and public figures. Especially the younger ones who are still learning the emotional rollercoaster of life. And it hurts me to see people literally driven to death by cruel comments of people who don’t even know the individuals and hide behind a keyboard often on fake accounts cancelling someone for something five, six, seven or 10 years ago when a child, is profoundly naive and shows a real lack of emotional intelligence.”

Her apology video has reached over 965,000 views

In Elle Darby’s apology video she mentions how her offensive and racist tweets were disgusting and far from the person she is today. She says: “I am ashamed and disgusted in myself. There is not one person on this planet that hates me more than I do right now. And the pain I know I have caused so many of you eats me up. To know that I was someone you considered a great friend, this image of me is now tainted by someone who I don’t even recognise myself to have ever been.” You can watch Elle’s full apology video here.