Molly-Mae dad podcast

Molly-Mae’s dad has defended her ‘tone deaf’ comments saying people need to work harder

‘It hurts me to see people literally driven to death by cruel comments’

Molly-Mae Hague’s dad has defended his daughter’s appearance on a podcast and other influencers like Elle Darby who have been slammed by people on the internet.

The statement made by Molly-Mae’s dad comes after she made a comment on Steven Barlett’s podcast, The Diary of a CEO, and was called “tone deaf” and “privileged” after claiming if someone wants something hard enough then they can achieve it.

Molly-Mae’s dad Stephen, who is a former police officer, defended his daughter in a comment on an Instagram post about her. He wrote: “It must be so tough for media stars, influencers and public figures. Especially the younger ones who are still learning the emotional rollercoaster of life.

“And it hurts me to see people literally driven to death by cruel comments of people who don’t even know the individuals and hide behind a keyboard often on fake accounts cancelling someone for something five, six, seven or 10 years ago when a child, is profoundly naive and shows a real lack of emotional intelligence.”

He continued: “Then attacking people for a sentence made as part of an interview taken out of context – I wouldn’t mind but the CEO of Netflix appeared on a podcast called ‘the same 24-hours’ on which many well respected business leaders have appeared – not attacked or cancelled. I think the context of Molly’s words fit better with the title of that podcast ‘We all have the same 24-hours in every day. But it’s how we use those 24 hours that make the difference in our health, happiness and success’ – but what do I know.”

Molly-Mae has since lost over 40,000 Instagram followers after the clip went viral on Twitter and her representatives released a statement on her behalf saying the clip circulating on the internet doesn’t have any context to it.