Twinnem TikTok

What is the ‘Twinnem’ sound all over TikTok and is it a real song?

I can’t stop singing ‘go best friend’ pls help

Yeah, that’s my twinnem! GO BEST FRIEND! You know the one. It’s the latest TikTok audio you’re hooked on and can’t get out of your head. Right there with you. What is it with TikTok sounds and their unshakable staying power in our brains? It’s a problem. I didn’t even know what the Twinnem sound on TikTok even was saying for the first 50 times I heard it. Twinning them? Twin or them? Twinninem? But apparently it is simply and charmingly “Twinnem” – defined by Urban Dictionary as “When you and a friend create a bond which allows you to sense one another’s moods, energy, pain and vibe exactly like twins.” But is the Twinnem sound that’s endlessly viral on TikTok right now a real song? From a TV show? WHICH IS IT???

It’s a term previously used by artist King Von – and is an example of AAVE, which stands for African-American Vernacular English.

Twinnem is a real song by Coi Leray

Yep, it’s a real bonafide banger that you can stream on Spotify if your heart does so desire. It’s a single by Coi Leray, an American rapper from New Jersey. She first broke out on the scene in 2018, and has since released a load of singles and two mixtapes. Her debut album is due this autumn, so brace yourself for potentially Twinnem 2.0 before Christmas.

She cites her biggest inspirations as Lady Gaga, Doja Cat and Avril Lavigne, which is an iconic trio as far as I’m concerned. The Twinnem TikTok sound is being used by celebs including Kim Petras, Paris Hilton and Abby Roberts.

I present to thee some fun Twinnem videos for your viewing pleasure:

@kimpetras just another day #sliving with @parishilton 👯‍♀️💗 @coileray ♬ TWINNEM – Coi Leray

@abbyroberts go best friend!! @benjikrol ♬ TWINNEM – Coi Leray

@iammoshowMe and my TWIN!😻💗 ##twinem ##cat ##cats ##thecatrapper ##twinenem ##kitty ##kitten ##meow ##knit ##catdad ##catmom ##twinchallenge ##catlove ##djravioli ##catlove

♬ TWINNEM – Coi Leray

@retirementhouseBest friends for life 💜♬ TWINNEM – Coi Leray

@ashleykeno17twinenem :)) @karissatheslimdaddy ##123PandoraME ##ashleykeno17

♬ TWINNEM – Coi Leray

@twistedpennywise Twinning with @emmanortss ♬ TWINNEM – Coi Leray

Recommended stories by this writer:

• This is where that ‘cracking up’ sound all over TikTok is actually from

• What the hell is that ‘berries and cream’ sound all over TikTok right now, and where’s it from?

• Right, where the hell is that ‘feel my vegan, vegan’ sound all over TikTok actually from?

This is where that ‘short skirts around the house’ TikTok sound is originally from