TikTok berries and cream

What the hell is that ‘berries and cream’ sound all over TikTok right now, and where’s it from?

I’M A LITTLE LAD WHO LOVES BERRIES AND CREAM

TikTok FYPs are a lawless place. Honestly, at this point I literally have no clue what depths people on TikTok go to to drag up the most random pop culture moments on earth and create viral TikTok audios with them, but the latest “berries and cream” one is the most bizarre yet. And I’m a bit obsessed with it. It’s truly living in my mind rent free. Can’t stop singing it. Can’t stop thinking about all the ‘old maiden type shoe‘ things in my life that make me also feel very “berries and cream”.

@alliespierce♬ original sound – Justin McElroy

For those who this cursed audio may have passed by, the ditty goes as such: “berries and cream, berries and cream, I’m a little lad who loves berries and cream!” People are putting it with anything that feels remotely like you could find it in a 2006 anthology of Horrible Histories. You might think an audio this effectively historical would be from a stunning period drama, but you’d be wrong.

It’s from a Starburst advert

Yep. You read that correctly. The TikTok “berries and cream” sound actually hails from a Starburst advert. And it’s the weirdest advert I’ve ever clapped eyes on. Feels like an absolute fever dream.

Two fellas at a train station are tucking into some Starburst when a little pest of a Salem witch trials era man-child gets overly excited about the delights of berries and cream, sings a song and does a little dance. That’s it. That’s the advert. Would give my spleen to have been in the room when this was pitched. Did children of this era love berries and cream? Is that a historical cliché lost on me? Couldn’t possibly say. But now you know where the TikTok “berries and cream” sound is from, and you can rest easy.

@bootylicious_bitchi’m out here lookin like a little cottage boy ##StyleSnap ##JetPuffedSmourth ##CODAduets♬ original sound – Justin McElroy

@miaharris1607♬ original sound – Justin McElroy

@size3shrimpYeh it just screams this audio ##fyp ##foryoupage ##foryou ##MyIdoles ##CruelSummerConfessions ##berriesandcream ##victorian♬ original sound – Justin McElroy

Recommended stories by this writer:

Right, where the hell is that ‘feel my vegan, vegan’ sound all over TikTok actually from?

• Lady Gaga in House of Gucci is the best new TikTok sound, and these are the funniest ones

• Chloe fuming about Toby on Love Island is going viral on TikTok and the videos are hilarious