love island cast, itv

Take this survey and tell us if you think Love Island shows enough body image diversity

Would you like to see your body type on Love Island?

Every year the Love Island cast is announced and every year there is a lack of body diversity amongst the cast. This probably wouldn’t be such an issue if the producers didn’t annually pledge it a few weeks before the show airs.

The Tab is running a survey to see whether you think Love Island is diverse enough or if it should be more so than it is already. Because let’s face it, contestants like India from season five being branded as a plus sized Islander is beyond a joke. Or Molly-Mae exiting the villa and being called “fat” and “lardy”, when she is so clearly not, doesn’t make any sense.

This won’t be the first time Love Island has been called toxic. So maybe having more body diversity will create room for more trolling online? Plus, do people really want to see their body type on Love Island? Don’t you think we’ve come too far to start introducing body diversity now?

But then again, it’s really important we have diversity on our screens. Especially now after having spent a year inside. The “diverse” body types the producers keep suggesting they’ll introduce are actually not diverse at all, they’re the day-to-day people.

Take this survey below and tell us whether you think Love Island has enough body diversity or not:

Love Island 2021 starts on Monday 28th June on ITV2. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.