Bridgerton, Netflix, season two, season three, season four, renewed

Bridgerton has just been renewed for a season three AND four!!

My life just got so much better

Dearest Reader, it is with the greatest of happiness I bring to you the news that Bridgerton has been renewed at Netflix for a season three and four.

The show’s creator and show runner, Chris Van Dusen, announced the news on Twitter, saying: “More #Bridgerton love coming to this room soon! Renewed for Seasons 3 AND 4! I’ve poured every ounce of myself into creating this show and the way the world continues to embrace it continues to AMAZE ME. Thank you @netflix”.

He attached a picture of a Bridgerton filming location, the iconic lounge room of the Bridgerton family.

Lady Whistledown has obviously had her say too, adding that she’s going to have to “purchase more ink”. 👀

via Netflix

After its release, Bridgerton became the most watched original series Netflix has ever had – so it was no surprise that the scandalous period drama got quickly renewed for a second season. It’s even been rumoured that there could be eight seasons – one for each of the Julia Quinn novels the series is being based on.

The second season is expected around the same time this year as the first was released last year, with filming starting already.

The first season was based on the first Bridgerton book, The Duke and I, in the eight-part series by Julia Quinn. The second series will be based on the second book, The Viscount Who Loved Me.

This book focuses on Daphne’s older brother, Anthony Bridgerton. Anthony has chosen a wife, but she has a medalling older sister called Kate who is desperate to stop the wedding happening. What’s more, when he closes his eyes at night, Kate’s the woman who fills Anthony’s dreams.

It has been announced that Simone Ashley would play Anthony’s love interest in the second season and four more cast members have been revealed since.

There’s so much more to come I can’t wait!!!!

A release date for season two and beyond of Bridgerton has not yet been announced. To be the first to know, and for all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.