mean girls, lacey chabert, jonathan bennett

Mean Girls partners: Which of the Mean Girls cast are in relationships?

Janis was with Chandler from Friends for SIX YEARS

Mean Girls has just arrived on UK Netflix, and I think it’s fair to say that people are just a little excited about having immediate access to the best chick flick around. It’s been 16 years since it came out during which time a lot has happened – we’ve already covered everything from the cast net worths to how old they were when Mean Girls was filmed, but less is publicly known about the partners of the cast.

So, do any of the Mean Girls cast have kids? Which of the Mean Girls cast are married? And does Lindsay Lohan have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Let’s find out – here’s everything we know about the partners of the Mean Girls cast.

Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan hasn’t been able to escape the public eye since her childhood roles – for better or for worse – and so she has a pretty well-documented relationship history.

She has dated actor Wilmer Valderrama, Harry Morton (heir to Hard Rock Cafe) and most notably perhaps Samantha Ronson, DJ and sister of famous producer Mark Ronson.

In 2016 she was engaged to a Russian millionaire named Egor Tarabasov, but they split amidst her claims of abuse and his claims of her stealing his property. Although she was most recently linked to financier businessman Bader Shammas, it’s not confirmed whether she’s currently dating.

Rachel McAdams

rachel mcadam, interview, mean girls partners

Rachel McAdams played Regina George in Mean Girls, which is funny considering she’s generally known as one of the nicest people in Hollywood – and the privacy surrounding her personal life seems to reflect this.

In what is probably one of the stranger and less expected matches on this Mean Girls partners list is her relationship with Welsh actor Michael Sheen, which lasted from 2010 to 2013.

She also dated Ryan Gosling after they starred together in The Notebook, however, she has settled down with American screenwriter Jamie Linden, whose writing credits include 10 Years and Dear John. Rachel gave birth to their son in 2018, and neither of them appears to have any social media to update us.

Amanda Seyfried

Amanda Seyfried has gone on to have a mad career after Mean Girls, having appeared in Mamma Mia and Les Misérables amongst loads of other classics.

She dated fellow Mamma Mia actor Dominic Cooper from 2008 to 2010, and then Justin Long (from Dodgeball) from 2013 to 2015 before meeting and eventually marrying fellow actor Thomas Sadoski in 2017. The couple have two children.

Lacey Chabert

lacey chabert, mean girls partners

Perhaps the least visible of the main Mean Girls nowadays is Lacey Chabert, but she’s pretty consistently been in a number of films since Mean Girls, from Bratz to Scooby Doo. Chabert has always been particularly private about her personal life, and as such there doesn’t seem to be much information about relationships she’s been in other than her current one.

Lacey is in the longest relationship of the main cast, being married since 2013 to businessman David Nehdar. They had a child in 2016.

Lizzy Caplan

lizzy caplan, janis ian

Lizzy Caplan played the iconic Janis Ian, and you know what I said about Rachel McAdam and Michael Sheen earlier being the weirdest couple on the Mean Girls partners list? Yeah, scratch that.

Lizzy dated none other than Friends’ Matthew Perry for SIX YEARS up to 2012 – seriously. It just seems so inconceivable that these two would be a good match but there you go. She has also been linked to James Marden, but ended up getting married in 2017 to Tom Riley.

Daniel Franzese

Daniel Franzese played Damian, friend of Janis and the one student who was almost too gay to function. In real life Daniel was engaged in 2016 to stylist Joseph Bradley Phillips at a Starbucks, however two years later the engagement was called off, and there’s nothing to be found online regarding whether he has a partner currently or is riding solo.

Jonathan Bennett

Johnathan Bennett played Aaron Samuels, the hotty that everyone wanted to be with. He made headlines in November of last year for becoming engaged to presenter Jaymes Vaughan, who proposed on the set of a film called The Christmas House. With an original song.

It’s a little cringe, very staged and most British people would probably kill their partner if they tried to pull this, but very sweet nonetheless.

Tina Fey

tina fey, mean girls partners

And finally, we have Tina Fey, who is responsible for the entire film as well as for playing the part of Miss Norbury. Fey has been with musician Jeff Richmond since 1994, and they were married in 2001. They have two daughters, one of whom is 15 and the other was born in 2011.