New Netflix series ‘Young Royals’ is about a teen prince at a fancy boarding school

I’m listening

Netflix is really tuning in to our obvious loves for all things royal and riches, as after the success of shows such as The Crown and Bridgerton we’re now being blessed with a new series – Young Royals.

The story centres around Prince Wilhelm (Edvin Ryding). When he arrives at the prestigious boarding school Hillerska he finally gets an opportunity to explore his true self and find out what kind of life he really wants. Wilhelm starts dreaming of a future filled with freedom and unconditional love far away from the royal obligations – but when he unexpectedly becomes next in line for the throne his dilemma is heightened as he has to make a choice. Love or duty.

Young Royals, Netflix, about, plot, synopsis, release date, cast, episodes

via Johan Paulin / Netflix

The Netflix synopsis for the six-part Swedish series reads: “Away from royal obligations, a prince finally gets an opportunity to explore his true self – until he unexpectedly becomes next in line for the throne.”

The prince has just started making friends with people who don’t care for his royal background and fallen in love with someone who likes him not just because of the prospect of being with a prince, so finding out he’s now next in line for the throne is a real spanner in the works.

Edvin Ryding portrays Prince Wilhelm and Pernilla August, one of Sweden’s leading actresses, plays his mother, Queen Kristina. Prince Wilhelm’s classmates at the boarding school will be played by Malte Gårdinger, Frida Argento, Nikita Uggla and Omar Rudberg.

The Young Royals cast also includes Nathalie Varli, Felicia Truedsson, Mimmi Cyon, Ingela Olsson, Rennie Mirro, Livia Millhagen and David Lenneman. The series will be available globally later this year.

Young Royals will be released on Netflix in 2021, but the exact date has not yet been confirmed. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.