If Anything Happens I Love You: What’s the Netflix animation everyone’s talking about?

It’s 12 minutes long and has gone straight into the top 10

If you’ve gone on Netflix recently, you may have noticed a strange animation called “If Anything Happens I Love You” in the top 10 list.

Everyone on TikTok is talking about it, Twitter can’t stop crying over it and once you’ve seen it, you’ll definitely be sending it straight down your group chat so you can all discuss how utterly heartbreaking it is. So what is it then? Here’s everything you need to know.

If Anything Happens I Love You, Netflix, animation, about, plot, synopsis, reviews, Twitter, memes, film, movie

via Netflix

What is If Anything Happens I Love You?

If Anything Happens I Love You is a 12 minute animation film which is now available on Netflix. It’s an American film written and directed by Michael Govier and Will McCormack. The story follows two grieving parents as they struggle after losing their daughter. The film was produced by Laura Dern, Gilbert Films and Oh Good Productions.

Without a single word of dialogue, in the film we see flashbacks of the girl growing up which are prompted by the memories of her parents. This is before we find out what happened to her and how it has affected her mother and father.

IMDb describes the film saying: “If Anything Happens I Love You is a beautifully illustrated animated short film that takes us on an extraordinary emotional journey of two parents struggling to overcome the hurt left by a tragic event that leaves their family changed forever. The film is a stunning tale that juxtaposes the excruciating pain one can feel as well as the resilience of the human spirit. If Anything Happens I Love You is a touching experience for anyone who has ever loved and lost.”

The Netflix synopsis reads: “In the wake of a school shooting, memories mean everything to the loving parents left behind by a tragic loss. ”

via Netflix

People can’t stop talking about If Anything Happens I Love You

The reactions to the short film say it all, everyone is heartbroken. People on Twitter are saying they “can’t stop crying” and they didn’t say a word throughout the entire time watching it.

If Anything Happens I Love You is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.