This is how old the teen cast of Dash and Lily on Netflix are in real life

They were teens a loooong time ago

Netflix has released another teen series, Dash and Lily, and with that comes another cast full of people whose ages are anything but teen.

Yep you guessed it, Netflix is back at it again with huge age gaps between teen drama stars and the characters they are meant to be portraying. Dash and Lily tells the story of two (apparent) 17-year-olds who go on a mystery journey of finding one another after Lily leaves a cryptic diary of clues in their local library. It’s festive, warm, and just the kind of easy viewing you need around this time of year.

Here’s how old the cast of Dash and Lily are in real life, compared to the ages of the characters they play.

Dash – Austin Abrams

Dash and Lily, Dash & Lily, cast, ages, age, how old, real life, characters, gap, difference, actor, Dash, Austin Abrams

via Netflix

Age: 24

Austin Abrams who plays Dash is 24 in real life, and his character in the show is 17. There’s a seven year age gap between him and the character he plays. That’s not the only difference between Austin and Dash – Dash hates Christmas, but Austin has said he loves it!!

Lily – Midori Francis

Dash and Lily, Dash & Lily, cast, ages, age, how old, real life, characters, gap, difference, actor, Lily, Midori Francis

via Netflix

Age: 26

Midori Francis, who plays Lily, is two years older than the actor who plays Dash – she’s 26. Lily in the show talks a lot about being 17 and struggling with teen life. Midori has a nine year age gap with Lily.

Boomer – Dante Brown

Dash and Lily, Dash & Lily, cast, ages, age, how old, real life, characters, gap, difference, actor, Boomer, Dante Brown

via Netflix

Age: 21

Dante Brown is the youngest of all the Dash and Lily cast members. He’s 21 in real life, just four years older than his 17-year-old character. He has a baby face, so he can definitely get away with not actually being a teen.

Sofia – Keana Marie

Sofia, Keana Marie

via Netflix

Age: 25

French actress Keana Marie is 25 in real life, meaning she has a eight year age difference with her Dash and Lily character, Dash’s ex-girlfriend Sofia.

Priya – Agneeta Thacker

Dash and Lily, Dash & Lily, cast, ages, age, how old, real life, characters, gap, difference, actor, Priya, Agneeta Thacker

via Netflix

Age: 18

Agneeta is basically the same as age her character, Sofia’s best friend Priya. Agneeta was born in 2002, making her 18, and her character in the series is 17.

Langston – Troy Iwata

Langston, Troy Iwata

via Netflix

Age: 29

Troy Iwata, who plays Lily’s brother Langston, is one of the eldest (of all the young) cast members on the show. He’s 29 in real life and his character is meant to be around 19-years-old, meaning there’s around a 10 year age gap.

Edgar – Glenn McCuen

Dash and Lily, Dash & Lily, cast, ages, age, how old, real life, characters, gap, difference, actor, Edgar, Glenn McCuen

via Netflix

Age: 29

Glenn McCuen has the biggest gap in ages with his character out of all the Dash and Lily cast members. In real life he’s 29, whilst his character is 17 – leaving a 12 year difference. He’s been on Nickelodeon a lot, so I guess he’s used to being a teen and will never grow old.

Dash and Lily is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.