Netflix has revealed a whole new cast for season three of You

Obviously Joe and Love are coming back though, don’t worry

A whole new cast for season three of You on Netflix has been revealed, as three new cast members have been announced and a fourth is still being decided on. And to be honest, I’m more excited than ever.

In a announcement made by Netflix last week, two new characters were said to be becoming close friends with Love and Joe. Sharing the news on Twitter, Netflix said: “Fresh blood joining You Season 3: Shalita Grant will play Sherry, a ‘Mom-fluencer’ who appears down to earth, but is actually a mean girl who only pretends to welcome Love into her social circle. Travis VanWinkle will play the wealthy Cary, who invites Joe into his inner circle.”

Shalita Grant is an American actress, best known for portraying NCIS Special Agent Sonja Percy on NCIS: New Orleans. She is also known from her roles on Mercy Street, Santa Clarita Diet, and Search Party. Travis Van Winkle is an American actor and producer, best known for Friday the 13th, Transformers and Meet the Spartans.

Since then, Netflix has announced a third new addition. Scott Speedman is set to play Matthew – who according to IMDb will feature in every episode on the new season. The post said: “Scott Speedman has joined the cast of YOU Season 3! He’ll play Matthew, a successful CEO, husband, and uncommunicative father. He’s reserved, mysterious, and has a tendency to be withdrawn … all of which masks a deep well of emotion underneath.”

Last month it was confirmed that the new season was going to resume filming soon, and the show was casting a new “major” role. According to a casting grid, the show is also looking for a new “major recurring guest star”.

This character is called Dante and is described as: “A veteran whose sight was damaged in combat, Dante works at the local library. A step-father to his partner Ted’s two boys, Dante is sarcastic, world-weary, and unfailingly dependable. We are looking for an actor who is visually impaired – this includes LOW VISION (degenerating vision), LEGALLY BLIND or Totally BLIND.” So, there are still even more new faces to come.

You, season three, Netflix, new, cast, characters, 3, Love, Joe, latest, filming, news, Scott Speedman

The grid also shows that Penn Badgley (Joe Goldberg), Victoria Pedretti (Love Quinn) and Saffron Burrows (Dottie Quinn) will all be returning.

Filming is set to start next month and go on until late April, so the release date is very delayed – and has not yet been confirmed. The third book in the series has only just been finished, and is called “YOU LOVE ME”. It’s been revealed the new book sees a big change for Joe, who is said to be “done with Love” and obsessing over someone else, of course.

I guess we’ll have to watch this space for when we finally get to see the new cast members in You season three!

For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.