The 11 wildest yet most believable theories about You season three

Penn Badgley has hinted at a massive twist

Season three of You should hopefully be with us very soon. After *that* ending there was no way it could just be left there. And straight off the back of this, everyone went wild coming up with crazy You season three theories about what could happen in new episodes.

Here are all of the best and most wild fan theories about what will happen next in You on Netflix.

*This article contains spoilers for You season two*

Love will become Joe’s nemesis

Ok hear me out with this one. Yes, the end of season two ended with Joe and a pregnant Love looking pretty cosy in a new house but Joe was already eyeing up the neighbour. Not to mention that Joe nearly killed Love, and only didn’t because she said she was pregnant. Joe has basically been forced to accept his new life with Love and it wouldn’t be surprising if he grew to resent her for stopping him from carrying on his stalker ways.

Penn Badgley himself said: “Even Joe says, pretty unequivocally, that they’re not soulmates. He’s afraid of her at the end. Basically, it’s set up for season three in a way where they would be each other’s arch nemesis.”

You season three theories, You, Netflix, season two, season three, YOU2, YOU3, netflix, fan theories, theory, Penn Badgley, Joe, Love, spoilers, plot

Love will be the main character now

A popular fan theory is that season three will be from Love’s point of view. She will be the main character and the voiceover will be her. The entire season will be from her perspective as opposed to Joe’s.

Love isn’t even pregnant

A lot of people believe Love isn’t even pregnant, and just quickly said it in the moment to save her own life when she thought Joe was going to kill her. And now, she’s been forced to keep up the lie, even to the point of wearing a fake baby bump. I mean, it wouldn’t be the first time characters in You have got caught up in webs of their own lies.

Either that, or the baby’s dad is actually Milo, who Love was briefly seeing when she broke up with Joe. Whether or not Love knows this is yet to be decided in the theories, but it would be pretty wild.

Ellie will expose Joe

Ellie hates Joe now, but he is sending her money so they are both still huge parts of each other’s lives. Ellie is smart and is putting the pieces together. A popular theory is that the teen will be the one to spill about Joe and because he never harms children, she will be the one that will be able to make the facts known without Joe being able to do anything to stop her.

Forty’s movie will expose Joe

By the end of season two, Forty knew everything about Joe and wanted him dead. Forty’s script adaptation of Beck’s novel, The Dark Face of Love, is still around somewhere and maybe it will be the justice Forty deserved that his movie will be released and show Joe for exactly who he is.

Love will kill Joe

Another of the You season three theories is that Love will end up killing Joe. She could do it out of her own insane jealousy, or to protect their child from his killing and stalking ways. She definitely has it in her???

Whether it be in season three or beyond, Penn Badgley thinks Joe needs to get his comeuppance sooner or later. In an interview he said: “I think he deserves something better now, you know? Like I’m not sure that that’s possible. What does Joe need? Joe needs, ugh, Joe needs justice, but what does that mean? Does that mean prison? Does that mean death? I don’t know.” When asked if he thinks Joe will end up being murdered, he said: “He inevitably will be, right? I mean, he has to be.”

Maybe Love could be the one to do it?

Love will kill the neighbour

This fan theory is extremely believable. Joe becomes obsessed with the new neighbour, Love finds out and gets jealous, so Love “deals with it”, as they so often put it, and kills the neighbour.

You season three theories, You, Netflix, season two, season three, YOU2, YOU3, netflix, fan theories, theory, Penn Badgley, Joe, Love, spoilers, plot, neighbour, who

The neighbour is Beck

Joe thought he’d killed Candace and she came back, so why not Beck too?! Yes we saw the body bag and Penn Badgley has literally told us Beck is dead, but come on this is You. This show is batshit crazy, anything could happen.

The neighbour is Beck’s sister

According to a Reddit fan theory, the neighbour could be Beck’s sister. In season one we briefly learn about Beck’s sister, Anya. The theory believes she could have come to find Joe wanting revenge.

If this theory is anything to go by, the woman in the garden could be any of Beck’s relatives wanting revenge, or wanting to put the pieces together about Beck’s death.

The neighbour could just be a random woman

Probably most likely, the woman Joe is creeping on is just another Beck or another Love, someone who catches his eye. He’ll become obsessed with them and the cycle will continue.

Penn Badgley has disproven one popular theory

At the end of season two, fans were convinced the neighbour Joe is creeping on is actually his mother. However, Penn Badgley told Bustle: “She’s definitely not his mom.” That’s the end of that one then.

YOU2 is available to stream on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.