These are the celebs who’ve come out as anti-mask and anti-lockdown

Haven’t heard from this lot since I went through the CD collection in my Dad’s car

You’ve seen the anti-mask protests. You’ve seen the people dancing through a Target in Florida without masks on. All morons – but which celebs have thrown their weight behind the brain-fading movement?

Way back at the start of this pandemic, three decades ago, loads of celebs came out as 5G truthers, and perhaps they learned their lesson.

Now, it seems you can only come out an an anti-masker if you’ve got CDs that belong in the glovebox of a 1997 Ford Mondeo.

The dude from the Corrs

I tried to find a Corrs song to embed so you’d know who I was talking about, but it turns out any time you’re thinking of a Corrs song it’s probably actually a Cranberries song.

They did a cover of Fleetwood Mac’s Dreams which is so rainbow rhythms it hurts.

Anyway, the dude from The Corrs, Jim Corr, said an anti-mask protest in Dublin had a “great turnout”. He also replied to an anti-mask video saying “non-compliance is obligatory at this stage”. Nice

Noel Gallagher

This is what Noel Gallagher had to say about wearing masks: “I don’t give a fuck, I choose not to wear one. If I get the virus, it’s on me. It’s not on anyone else.

“If every other cunt’s wearing a mask, I’m not gonna catch it off them. And if I’ve got it, they’re not going to catch it off me. I think it’s a piss take”

That’s a firm grasp of epidemiology, Noel. Contrast that to brother Liam, whose reluctant mask endorsement is pretty on-brand.

Ian Brown

Ian Brown from the Stone Roses has also been on a big, weird, anti-mask tirade.

Although, if that tweet left you thinking perhaps he was just talking about the chronic failure of the English state to get the proper measures in place, let me introduce you to this tweet:

Van Morrison

Van Morrison, as in the guy who did Brown Eyed Girl, is releasing three anti-lockdown songs. In one he sings that scientists are “enslaving” the population.

Yes, the Northern Irish health minister called them dangerous, but the biggest evisceration of Van Morrison was from Jedward. A nasty way to go.

Jeremy Corbyn’s brother

In fairness, Jeremy’s brother Piers has always been a bit out there. But earlier this month he was arrested after speaking at an anti-mask protest in Sheffield, which he is alleged to have organised.