Gyms can reopen from 25th July and beauty salons from Monday, the government confirms

Acrylics here I come

Gyms, indoor pools and leisure centres can reopen from 25th July the Culture Secretary has confirmed.

Oliver Dowden announced the news today and said: “The reopening of gyms is the news millions across the country have been waiting for with many people desperate to jump on a spinning bike or dive into a pool.

“Our comprehensive guidance will ensure gyms, pools and leisure centres have the support they need to reopen safely for their customers and staff.

“Helping people return to gyms safely will also help the nation get match-fit to defeat this virus.”

He also announced beauty salons, nail salons, spas, tattoo parlours and tanning salons can open from Monday with some restrictions.

Within his announcement Oliver Dowden also said outdoor performances can resume from this weekend. He said: “as of this weekend, our artists, musicians and dancers can start performing outside to an outdoor audiences”.