This is how you add a swipe up link to your Instagram story

Say goodbye to the tacky and beggy ‘link in bio’

No three words are more annoying than “link in bio”. It’s completely futile, because who’s going to actually put all that effort in? If you want someone to pay attention to a link, you’re putting a link straight in your story, so they can swipe up with ease. Here’s how to put a link on Instagram story slides.

What you need to know before you learn how to put a link on Instagram story slides:

Adding a link to your Instagram story is incredibly simple, but only if you meet a few criteria.

Sorry if this comes as bad news: you’ll need 10k followers, or to be verified. Usually these come together.

Then you’ll need switch to a business account – you’ll need to wait about 30 minutes for the changes to take effect

Then you just need to follow these steps to add a link to your Instagram story

It’s really simple – just go to post a story as normal. If you’ve followed the steps above correctly, you’ll see the link icon to the right of the sticker icon.

how to put a link on instagram story, how to add link to instagram story

All you have to do is tap on it and you’ll be taken to this screen.

Paste your link of choice in the URL box and tap “Done”. May flash up with “call to action added”, in which case you know you’ve done it right.

It’ll take you back to the story creator tile. Once you publish your story, it’ll be there in all its glory.

Then your story is complete with a swipe up link. And that’s it. Use your power wisely.