Image may contain: Apparel, Overcoat, Coat, Suit, Clothing, Beard, Person, Human, Face

620,000 young people have registered to vote since the election was called

It’s more than any other age group

Over 620,000 18-24 year-olds have registered to vote since the general election was called on 29th October.

Young people have put in more new registrations than any other age group, according to The Tab's analysis of official government data.

This means roughly one in 10 under 25s have registered since the election was nailed on, as estimates say there are between 5 and 6 million 18-24s in the UK.

Nearly 70,000 young people registered to vote the day after Nigel Farage announced the Brexit Party would not contest Tory seats.

Look, obviously lots of young people are first time voters or have moved address recently and so need to register afresh. But it's still encouraging, and should hopefully be enough to spur you on if you haven't already registered.

The 629,343 under 25s to lodge an application stands above the 528,827 25-34s. It dwarfs the number of pensioners logging on to register, as only 27,276 over 75s have made an application.

The biggest day was 12th November, where 67,320 18-25s registered to vote. The previous day, Nigel Farage announced the Brexit Party would stand down in all Tory-held seats.

Behind that, nearly 60,000 young people registered to vote the day after the election was called.

As The Tab's snap election survey reveals the majority of students are planning to vote at home, even as uni constituencies are some of the most marginal, the youth vote is as important as it's ever been.

40 per cent of students planning to vote Labour, and the Tories' hopes majority genuinely could be made or broken if a few students in a few places actually vote.

So register to vote.