Game of Thrones is getting a full-length documentary after season eight

It’s called Game of Thrones: The Last Watch

Hide Images

Just when you thought Game of Thrones season eight meant the end of the road for your fav show, it's been announced there is going to be a full-length Game of Thrones documentary after the season eight finale!!

Game of Thrones: The Last Watch will be a two hour documentary which will be released a week after season eight finishes. Sky Atlantic hasn't yet announced an airdate for the UK.

Here's everything we know about the Game of Thrones documentary.

From the GoT season 8 trailer

What will the Game of Thrones documentary include?

Filmmaker Jeanie Finlay was given unrestricted access to the Game of Thrones final episodes, filmed in Belfast. The documentary, called Game of Thrones: The Last Watch, will be a behind the scenes look at how the series has been made, watching the crew and cast as they go through production.

Describing the documentary, HBO said it "delves deep into the mud and blood to reveal the tears and triumphs involved in the challenge of bringing the fantasy world of Westeros to life in the very real studios, fields and car-parks of Northern Ireland.

"Made with unprecedented access, The Last Watch is an up-close and personal report from the trenches of production, following the crew and the cast as they contend with extreme weather, punishing deadlines and an ever-excited fandom hungry for spoilers.

"Much more than a 'making of' documentary, this is a funny, heartbreaking story, told with wit and intimacy, about the bittersweet pleasures of what it means to create a world – and then have to say goodbye to it."

It's basically the final goodbye everyone wants, and needs.

It's time to say goodbye x

When will the Game of Thrones documentary air?

Game of Thrones: The Last Watch will air on HBO in the US on Sunday, May 26th at 9pm ET. Sky Atlantic has not yet announced a release date for the UK.

Game of Thrones season 8 will be available on April 14th, 2019. The show airs on HBO in the US and Sky Atlantic and NOW TV in the UK.

In the meantime, here's the trailer for season 8: