Image may contain: Tuxedo, Suit, Overcoat, Coat, Clothing, Person, People, Human

Lord Sugar is fired! The old man who’s fooled us for years is finally cancelled

It’s true and you know it

| UPDATED @global

We all know Alan Sugar's story because he's only mentioned it once or twice on television before. But in case you might be the only person who hasn't heard it – he grew up in a council house in Hackney and is now a billionaire business magnate all because he boiled some beetroot for his local greengrocer at the tender age of 11.

Alan Sugar is the poster boy for the "rags to riches" narrative and honestly credit should be given where it's due. He really did start from the bottom. But now he's here, tweeting racist things, refusing to accept they're racist and acting like his "what you see is what you get" attitude is somehow a get out of jail free card to his continuous problematic behaviour.

And you know what, he's now done something so bad that people are finally seeing his brutally honest facade for what it actually is – bigotry.

Yesterday, he tweeted a picture of the Senegal national football team, comparing them to beach sellers in Marbella.

Then when people rightly called him out for it, he said it was just "a joke" and that people were overreacting.

"Why did you re tweet it …if it is so bad" was his initial response to the criticism.

Finally, after a gruelling hour of being told he's wrong, he stood down, deleted his tweets and apologised. Or more likely, his PR team took over, because does anyone really believe he actually wrote the apology?

But this isn't the first time something like this has happened and Alan Sugar has got away with it. And I need I remind you that he is a Lord?

He's made similar tweets in the past

He posted a photograph of a crying Chinese child and joked: "The kid in the middle is upset because he was told off for leaving the production line of the iPhone 5."

Amazingly the tweet is still up, even though the police investigated him for it. The sheer fact his brain made a connection between a crying Asian child and a production line just says it all, doesn't it?

He's been accused of bullying the Apprentice contestants

An anti-bullying charity Kidscape raised concerns in 2008 that Alan Sugar "publicly humiliating" contestants on the Apprentice may make it acceptable.

Aaaand he hates fat people

Three years ago Twitter user Elena Raouna, sent Lord Sugar a message that said: "Evening sugar 😉 can I call you that? Lol."

He replied: "Yes no problem as long as I can call you fatty."

You can imagine the storm which unfolded after.

Elena then told The Mirror: "It was just a friendly tweet to say 'hi' but my face froze in shock with his reply and I had to check it was his official Twitter page because I couldn't believe he would be so abusive. It's cyber bullying."

He thinks women should just ask to get paid more at work! And then that gender pay gap thingymajig will be a thing of the past!

Last year he told the Press Association that transparency over pay is "disgraceful" and women should simply say "I want more money."

Ah right, got it! So we should just forget about years of structural sexism in the workplace and demand for more cash!! He's so out of touch, it hurts.

He's a member of the House of Lords who doesn't know how much a loaf of bread or a pint of milk costs

In another example of him being in a different universe to everyone else, he told The Times: "I don’t know the price of a loaf of bread. I don’t know the price of a pint of milk. I don’t know the price of a dozen eggs. A loaf of bread? No idea."

The Apprentice isn't even good anymore!!

The Apprentice is basically tormenting people with high hopes. Lecturing people whenever they dare to challenge him. Choosing two winners. Who does that? He also gave birth to Katie Hopkins. Keep that in mind.

Lord Sugar is like that uncle you only see at big family functions. You know he's going to says a dodgy thing once he has a few drinks, but you feel like you have to tolerate it because he was nice to you that one time. "That's just the way he is" you'll excuse him.

But no. He's not your uncle. He's a problematic old man and he has been for years. And he is a Lord. It's time to cancel him.