Image may contain: Astronomy

Exclusive: The first Big D headliner has been announced

It’s a biggie

It's back. Recognised as York's largest and longest running student festival, Big D is set to go off on the 4th of June. Past acts have seen the likes of Lethal Bizzle, Chase & Status, Fuse ODG and Katy B adorn the famed halls of Derwent College.

This year's first headliner has j u s t been announced. With bangers such as 'Giving It All' and 'All I See' to their name, the headliner for 2018 is the British electronic duo Bondax.

Bondax (Adam Kaye and George Townsend) have had significant air time on Radio 1 in the past and have been releasing music since 2011, whilst they have also notched up appearances at both Reading/Leeds and Latitude.

Whilst the duo hail from Lancaster, they are sure to bring the party when they grace the grounds of Derwent College for, what's said to be, a HUGE post-exam blow out.

Alongside the announcement, the general release tickets are now available and you can purchase them online. We suggest you move fast, as early bird tickets sold out within two hours in March.

Yaaaas, it's finally time to get outfit planning and ordering excessive glitter.

Now if you're in any doubt (why?), you can find the BIG D promo vid here.

Get breaking York news straight to your WhatsApp by clicking here.