Milo Yiannopoulos is coming to York

Second time lucky

Outspoken and polarising right-wing activist Milo Yiannopoulos is coming to York next month.

Milo was prevented from speaking at the University of York last year following the enactment of a special event clause, a decision he called “pathetic” and “spineless”. The triggering of the special event clause has been seen by some as a cynical way of preventing Milo from speaking due to fear of his controversial views.

If at first you don’t succeed

Milo has been met with criticism across UK and American campuses for the perceived danger of his views. As well as York, he has been prevented from speaking at Manchester, Bristol and Durham universities, proving the current trend to favour safe spaces over free-speech.

The bleach-blonde-haired feminist basher has however decided to return to York, claiming “attempts to ban me only make my following larger. Stronger. Harder.”

The aftermath of protests at Rutgers university

The event will be hosted by Jocal on March 9 and is titled “An Event With Milo Yiannopoulos: Free Speech Is Dying On American Campuses”.

Milo has spoken at a number of American universities as part of his “Dangerous Faggot Tour” and has been met with very mixed reactions. At Rutgers university in New Jersey, protesters stormed the lecture hall, threw red paint and called for violence against the guest speaker.

Milo has been reached for comment.