York’s best dressed for AW14

It’s charming chilly chic

The autumn and winter months can be gruesome – scrimping on the heating, cold mornings and never-ending freshers’ flu.

So what? You don’t have to give up on good fashion just because it’s chilly outside.

Liz, English Literature

High waisted is big this season

Liz has waved goodbye to warm weather here with her soft, black fluffy jumper stylishly tucked into a high-waisted black leather skirt (after all, black is the new black).

She finishes off her look with some lightweight gold jewellery and a pair of gorgeous peep toe boots.

Natasha, Psychology

Classy outfit for a night at Revs

Nights out can always be problematic when the temperature drops, but Natasha has proved that you can keep cosy and still look fantastic.

Her all black look is complemented by her matching dark purple nails and lipstick. Her outfit is topped off by a classy black, cross-over chiffon blouse.

Grace

Who doesn’t love festival chic

Grace’s outfit sums up the perfect look for that bridge between summer and autumn: She keeps aspects of festival chic with her chunky sandals and crop-top but matches them wonderfully with a stylish fedora hat, black skinny jeans and a floral kimono for keeping warm on those chilly nights out in York city centre.

Eleanor, History of Art

Chelsea boots are an absolute AW14 must

Eleanor’s red-and-black look is a winter favourite: she synthesizes her patterned, tapestry-style skirt with a bright red fitted coat, finished off with thick black tights, black Chelsea boots and a simple black jumper.

The gold chain on her handbag matches her gold hoop earrings, giving this look a dash of shine.

Flo, Philosophy

Fashionable and warm. Her mum would be proud

Suede boots are a definite must this season and Flo pulls off her pair of grey dessert boots beautifully with this (again) primarily black outfit.

Her fitted, biker-style coat with a fur-trim collar is the epitome of style this autumn/winter and her simple grey dress and cosy black tights are the finishing touches to this perfect cold-weather ensemble.

Alex*

Boys are stylish too

Boys, we haven’t forgotten you! If you’re looking for the ideal outfit for the chillier months then look no further: Brown suede boots add an element of sophistication to any outfit. They harmonize perfectly with a pair of skinny jeans.

This smart-casual outfit is completed with a cosy jumper over a stylish checked shirt kept dry by a simple yet chic warm, waterproof jacket for that wet, windy winter weather.