Leamington Spa Station is one of the most haunted places in Britain

One station worker witnessed paperwork thrown about, doors slamming and lights switching on and off

Staff and commuters at Leamington Spa train station have reported sightings of supernatural activity. Built in the 1880’s, the station is said to be one of the most haunted areas in Britain.

Two years ago one worker who stayed in the top office building witnessed paperwork thrown about, doors slamming and lights switching on and off.

Due to these spooky incidences, Chiltern Railways hired a ‘Supernatural Liaison Officer’ in 2014 to patrol the train platforms and waiting rooms for any ghosts that might appear.

For Nick Rees, the Supernatural Liaison Officer, the sound of footsteps is normal, and he describes the ghosts as “friendly” with “good energy”.

And if the train platforms aren’t scary enough, there is an abandoned basement on platform three which has a partially blocked staircase and leads to nowhere.

A member of staff said: “I find it is often a quick way to end a meeting having a door slam for no logical reason. I’ve now learned to live in harmony with the ghosts.”

Nighttime security officer Stephen Herbert added: “Leamington Spa station is one of the most haunted places I have been to, and I’ve been to many.”