Union VP says sorry for bus chant

Richard Raymond “deeply regrets” his and hockey team’s actions

bus chant men's hockey team stirling stirling bus

The Vice President of Stirling Student Union has publicly apologised for his role in the infamous bus chants that have shocked the uni.

Richard Raymond posted on Facebook: “I would like to apologise for my actions, they are not acceptable and I deeply regret it.”

Raymond moves to another part of the bus

Shortly after the recording began, Raymond stood up and walked away. He explains: “I tried to remove myself from the incident by moving to the other end of the bus.”

Further in his apology he states that he has had meetings with the university’s Gender Equality Movement and the LGBT society’s president.

He also confirmed that the group chanting were the Men’s Hockey Team, who will all receive  internal discipline.

New measures to be implemented to help “tackle the cultural aspect of lad culture” include Get SAVI training for sports teams and the possibility of a panel of women “to help drive the women’s movement forward”.

He ended his statement with hope that students would work together: “Demonising or targeting the students involved will not overcome the underlying issue which we as a community must face.”