Two Nottingham Trent students suspended after antisemitic attack on student in uni halls

The flat was vandalised with a note left saying ‘Free Palestine KYS, Tory C***S’

Two students from Nottingham Trent University have been suspended after a first year Jewish student’s flat was broken into and vandalised.

The incident occurred several days after the October 7th attack, where a note reading “Free Palestine KYS (kill yourselves) Tory C***s” was left inside the flat alongside antisemitic graffiti.

The two suspended Nottingham Trent University students will face a disciplinary panel following the incident and have been instructed by the police to attend education courses as a result, the BBC reports.

The incident involved a Nottingham Trent University student’s flat which was singled out because the students had an Israeli flag visible in the kitchen area – an expression of solidarity with those murdered and kidnapped by Hamas on October 7th.

The note which was left was signed by the students responsible in pink highlighter along with their address.

Nottingham Trent University has confirmed that the two students who perpetrated the attack had been suspended and a disciplinary panel would help in order to determine what “further action” should be taken, saying it  “does not tolerate any form of racism or antisemitism.”

An NTU spokesperson told the BBC “We are continuing to support the students impacted and their families.”

Police have said the students would attend education courses as a result.

Ch Insp James Walker from Nottinghamshire Police added “In line with the victim’s wishes, two suspects were issued with community resolutions and will be attending courses to educate them regarding their behaviour.”

• Nottingham students are withholding rent after Legionella was found in Florence Boot Hall

• Breaking: Nottingham UCU calls off strikes for first week of term

Lecturer drags University of Nottingham for giving out ‘invented marks that devalue degrees’