Nottingham Trent Uni withdraw offer from boy who recorded racist Snapchat voice note

The voice note seemed to contain racist comments about England’s football players

Nottingham Trent Uni has confirmed they have withdrawn an offer to a boy who recorded a racist voice note.

The voice note from the young man that surfaced on social media seemed to contain racist comments about England’s football players after they lost in the final round of the Euros 2020 to Italy.

The man who is believed to have recorded the voice note was widely linked online to Nottingham Trent University as an offer holder due to start in September.

In a statement made to The Tab Nottingham, Nottingham Trent University confirmed they have withdrawn the offer the young man held to attend the university.

In the voice note that was originally sent on snapchat in what appears to be a group chat, the voice of a young man can be heard saying in reference to the Euros 2020 final, “fucking dirty n****** in the final fucking hell”.

Responses from those in the group chat can be seen immediately after the sent voice note with one saying “that’s low” and another saying “don’t ever say that again”.

A Nottingham Trent University spokesperson said: “This allegation does not involve an NTU student. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination, including racism. We looked into this matter immediately and as a result have withdrawn an offer to an applicant.”

The Tab Nottingham has contacted the man believed to have recorded the voice note for comment.

• Nottingham Trent Uni investigating after racist Snapchat voice note

• University of Nottingham and Trent Uni investigating after Islamophobic TikTok video

• Trent student died after being told over email he had failed second year, inquest hears