Nottingham ranked in the top 20 unis in the UK by the Good University Guide 2018

We came 29 places above Trent loool

good university guide Nottingham rankings the times Trent uni

It's that time of year again. As thousands of students eagerly await their return to university, the various powers that be have decided who's uni is the best of the best. In tables seen first by The Tab, The Sunday Times Good University guide has named us the 18th best university in the UK.

As well as this we've also been named the second best university in the east midlands, behind Loughbrough.

Our success was due in part to our second successive nomination for University of the Year, our gold ranking in the TEF and our £200m research fund that will address such issues as modern slavery and propulsion.

Alistair McCall, Editor of The Sunday Times Good University Guide commented: "Shortlisted for our University of the Year award for the second successive year, Nottingham is long-established as one of the "go to" destinations for undergraduates. It proves it is possible to excel at both teaching and research, and significant effort has been expended in recent years to provide a student experience commensurate with the university's status"

He added: "A pioneer in establishing international campuses, which provide students with excellent opportunities to study abroad in high-quality academic environments, Nottingham has also upgraded extensively at home also. The new £40m David Ross Sports Village is the latest iconic facility to come on stream."

McCall also commended our vice chancellor Sir David Greenaway for his outgoing leadership during his time at Nottingham. Following his retirement this month there will be a confidence that the university will continue to rise through the good university guide's ranking in the future.

Loughbrough and Trent have also been praised on their quality of teaching and contribution to sport and their student satisfaction, degree completion rates and employability prospects respectively.