Freshers, welcome to the LCR

The perfect place for pretty much everything

| UPDATED clubbing freshers lcr nightlife norwich uea

With the latest batch of party animals soon to arrive at UEA, there’s one magnificent venue which almost needs no introduction: the LCR.

We’ve all had the struggle of trying to describe what the LCR is to those unfortunate enough not to go to UEA. It’s like Fight Club – you don’t really know what it’s all about until you’re in it.

So for those who are soon to encounter the sticky glory that is the LCR, what’s all the hype really about?

There are always friends to find

Being the Student Union’s number one venue, you won’t find anybody but UEA students, staff or alumni in the LCR.  It’s like a massive party with long-lost family you’re not sure you’ve ever met before.

If you ever get lost or have a skilfully-devised dance routine you want to show off, you’re bound to find someone you know wherever you go. Even if you can’t find any of your BFFs the LCR is a great place to make new ones.

So many to choose from

With the magical power of VKs, that guy you hate because he asks questions in lectures or the BNOC you think you’re not cool enough to talk to sober will soon become your friend for life.

Classic Tunes

Although you can never really remember what song came on, the LCR’s “resident DJ” always whips out some top tunes to get your feet moving. From the chart toppers of today’s music scene to Club Retro’s hits of the 70s and 80s, the LCR has something for everyone to sing their heart out to.

In a typical LCR A-List night you can expect to hear Timber at least twice, and a fair share of ABBA.

No LCR night is ever complete without a closing sing-along and sweaty squad embrace to Robbie Williams’ Angels.

Themed Nights

It’s not just the fantastic Club Retro that the LCR has to offer – there’s a theme for everyone. Whether you’re a sci-fi geek or a gym-obsessed jock there’ll be a theme for you.

The ‘Damn Good’ themed nights make Tuesday the best day of the week: previous themes have included Harry Potter, The Great Gatsby, and even Pokemon.

But you don’t have to wear the most elaborate costume, or be the most creative fashion designer to go wild on a Tuesday night.

Even with the tackiest charity shop Hawaiian shirt, or just cellotaping foil and cardboard to yourself, you can fit in with the week’s theme and dance the night away in style.

The 5 Ls

As much as everyone tries to deny it, The LCR is possibly one of the most romantic sites on campus. The most challenging of the 5 Ls, the LCR could be an instant hit for you young studs looking for love.

Whether you’re looking for an adventurous one off night or something more serious, the LCR is the perfect ice breaker.

It sure has

With cheap alcohol making everyone slightly more than friendly, and all the classic hits to show your dance moves off to, it’s not hard to get someone’s attention in the LCR.

He looks pleased with himself

And being so close to all the accommodation it’s easy for all you first years to sneak away before anyone notices – just mind the cleaner on your way out.

Going wild

No-one really cares how drunk you get (unless you vom all over them). With the cheap drinks and various bars it’s not hard to get absolutely mortal at the LCR, and it’s near impossible to get kicked out for being too drunk because everyone’s as wasted as each other.

And if you ever were kicked out or caught chundering in the LCR you’re likely to earn automatic legendary status and receive an instant nomination as BNOC of the year, so there’s a silver lining to every cloud.

The best nights are the eventful ones, and even after you’ve experienced Prince of Wales Road, you’ll still come crawling back to where your heart is – the LCR.