The ultimate gift guide for the fashion-obsessed Jesmond girly in your life

For the friend who sleighs all year round x

Many of us struggle this time of year, uni deadlines, December blues and of course – the immense stress of gift-giving for the house Secret Santa. Well, fear no more, here are some splendid ideas for a classic Jesmond girly, you’re welcome.

1. Gold hoop earrings

Yes, even for a silver girly – tasteful metal mixing can be very effective. An easy classic, fit for any budget, head to a jewellery shop or Anthropology to get some solid gold or gold plated hoops. Alternatively have a look in Oliver Bonas for a huge selection of gold earrings with pink, green and black accents. However, if you’re a bit unsure of their exact personal style stick to some small chunky gold hoops. According to Vogue they never go out of style.

2. Leather gloves

Another winter classic immune to microtrends, leather gloves will always be a chic staple. Surprisingly, Primark is selling authentic leather gloves at a low price point this year. Perfect for a stocking filler and practical for the bitter British winter.

3. Vogue magazine

There are a few different options for this gift, varying in price. If you’re running low on stocking fillers, grab them a December edition. If you want to make the gift a little more personalised have a look for the edition released on their birthday month and year on eBay. Alternatively, if you’re looking to spend more money on your fashion girl/boy you could buy them a yearly print subscription. The perfect gift that keeps on giving

4. Knitwear

Knitwear is a staple for Jesmond girls no matter what’s trending. You could buy them a jumper, loungewear, a co-ord, hat or scarf. Kiwi & Co, ASOS and M&S are amazing for knitwear. Acne Studios scarves are also great quality and add a pop of colour to the grey British weather.

5. Digital camera

What better way to up your insta game than going old-school with a digital camera? This is the perfect gift for any chic and classy individuals wanting to capture the mems. Here are a few options of good quality cameras that will fit in a handbag, perfect for a night out:

Kodak PIXPRO FZ45

Kodak M893 IS

Kodak Easyshare CD153

Canon Powershot SD600/630

Canon Powershot ELPH 180

If these are a bit over budget to buy brand new remember you can always find one second hand on eBay, Depop or Vinted.

6. Fur coat

Fur coats are back in the mainstream, but for us fashion girls they never left. There is so much you can do with a statement fur, whether it be real or faux. Long, short, brown, animal print, cream, shaved or long fur – many factors can make or break the perfect fur coat.

I personally, am not a fan of coats with a lapel (that folded flap of material on the front of a jacket or coat below the collar) as I find it a straight clean fur coat to be much more versatile and clean. The type of fur can also make or break a coat. Afgan-type fur coats are overdone and boring, shaved fur looks cheap – it’s giving dressing gown. And do not even get me started on those tiered fur coats. I favour long, faux raccoon or faux leopard coats. But as always change any of these factors to your giftee’s taste.

7. Boots

These boots are made for walking. This season every fashionista is searching for the perfect pair of biker or knee-high boots. Great places to look for these are Steve Madden and Naked Wolfe. For cheaper options search on Depop or H&M.

8. OUAI hair care

Even though this gift isn’t fashion-related hair care is always a great gift because everyone loves a bit of TLC for their hair (unless they’re bald.) OUAI have the best hair products that I have used. They are also amazing for any hair type, the shampoo and conditioners have options for fine, medium and thick hair. Although these products are more on the pricey side they offer minis that are around £8. They also carry mini bundles that are priced at around £18.

9. Neom candle

As seen in this year’s Vogue advent calendar, Neom candles are the perfect gift. Make sure to go have a sniff of their range before choosing a scent. They are stocked in John Lewis and M&S.

10. Matchbox hat

Faux Fur Matchbox hats are a timeless winter staple, not only do they keep you warm and dry they elevate any simple winter outfit. Alternatively, a fur headband can give a similar effect but is slightly more overdone.

11. Bow clips/claw clips

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know ribbon bows and claw clips and are certified staples this year. Head to any craft shop and pick up ribbons in your bestie’s or s/o’s favourite colours and patterns. Although this is a simplistic gift bows can be accessorize almost anything: hair, bags, shoes, cami tops etc. They even look great as Christmas tree decorations. Alternatively, you could find clips with bows stuck onto them or opt for an undefeated classic- the tortoiseshell claw clip. Anyone with long hair is always in need of a new claw clip

12. Dior lip oil

Crusty lips will forever be out of style. Everyone and their mum will anxiously anticipate if a Dior lip oil will be under their tree this year. Don’t disappoint your bestie this Christmas and make sure to give the gift of soft, glowing lips. For an added personal touch, Dior allows you to engrave their lip oils, how fancy…