Manchester climbs four spots in world rankings

We’re 29th globally

Manchester University has been ranked 29th in the QS World Rankings.

Published today, the rankings show Manchester with a score of 84.8, having climbed four spots since last year.

Released annually, the QS World Rankings rate Universities according to research, teaching, employability and internationalisation (how well Universities attract students and teachers from overseas). This year, 940 Universities from across the World were included in its ratings.

Manchester University’s Academic Reputation saw a slight rise from last year, ranking 31st globally with a score of 97.9. Employer rate saw a slight fall to 99.7, but was still ranked 15th in the world.

The number of works cited from its faculties was lower this year, 53.5 compared to 61.9 last year meaning it was ranked 204th globally. In terms of internationalism, Manchester saw a significant rise in the number of faculty members from overseas, 90.1 from 83.9 giving it a rank of 144th and the number of students from abroad rose from 97.1 to 98.6.

Although Manchester has improved since last year, where it came 33rd, it nonetheless had a lower score compared to last year’s 87.2.